©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

should I be worried?

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
My wife and I are trying to get pregnant. It's been 3 mos. and so far, no good. In the past year and a half I have cycled 3 times each with pct of nolva and nolva and clomid on my last cycle. It has been about 3.5 mos since I was on with pct include in that time. Should I be worried about my sperm count. I told my wife that I would see a doc but she said they wouldn't see me until we were trying for 6 mos. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Don't know what to say bro......Keep trying, that is always fun. I got my wife pregnant while on cycle somehow. Now I dont get anything from her, and I am off cycle. Life sucks, but at least I get a new buddy out of it all!

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
you actually should be worried about your sperm count, but i've never heard of not being able to get your wife pregnant. several of my friends have gotten their girlfriends/wifes pregnant while on cycle of after a cycle. you and your wife should both go see a doctor when the time comes. maybe it's not you....????

W

wolfyEVH

even if you have a normal sperm count and you've never cycled, its still takes time to get a girl pregnant........it seems as though the fastest times you get her pregnant are the times you're not wanting/expecting it. but when you actually try, it takes a bit!!

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
wolfyEVH said:
even if you have a normal sperm count and you've never cycled, its still takes time to get a girl pregnant........it seems as though the fastest times you get her pregnant are the times you're not wanting/expecting it. but when you actually try, it takes a bit!!

That's also my experience. I would guess that if you aren't paying attention to the ovulation cycle then your bodies ARE paying attention as some level that you are not aware of. Its primitive brain (or even no-brain) territory.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Try the back seat of a '57 Chev. :D

No, seriously. I'll try to give you a better answer later. For now, clomid will increase sperm count post-cycle.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
wolfyEVH said:
Thanks for the PM Blackbird. Thought I would post a few thoughts here, as others may have some further interest and input too.

First, I'd have to agree with Wolfy....getting pregnant takes a while, unless you really don't want it!

- Okay, so I know you know this, but I'll state it anyways. You can only get a woman pregnant for a couple of days during the ovulation phase at mid-cycle each month. You can practice all you want, but there's a fairly small window of opportunity each month.

- Many, many causes of not being able to get pregnant. Remember, it takes two also...ie. it may well have nothing to do with your end of the deal. If your wife is also a bodybuilder or athlete (especially thin endurance athletes), she may not even have regular menstrual cycles or ovulate at all. There may be mechanical limitations to getting the sperm to the egg....blocked fallopian tubes from prior inflammation (gonorrhea, surgery, etc.) that doesn't get the egg into shooting range. The egg may get fertilized, but doesn't implant in the uterus and begin to grow and you never even knew you were pregnant. Many spontaneous abortions occur very early in pregnancy and you never knew you were pregnant.

Your end of the deal.....sperm count is only one part. Timing, placement, etc are all to be considered. If you are 3 mo out from cycle and pct, you're probably OK unless you have done irreversible damage (unlikely) from years of cycles.

- Is your testicular size back to normal?
- Is your sex drive back to normal?
- If so, fairly likely that things are workin'

- Before getting on more clomid or considering something like HCG to get you nuts working, I'd just get a sperm count done and see if that's the issue. You shouldn't have to wait to get that done, it's easy to do and at least rules that out. Nothin' like whipping up a batch into a beaker for the gals at the lab!

- As for your question about using clomid for more than 30 days......I just don't know. Most things I've read say not to. It's not really used that way medically, so your best resources are probably from people on forums like this that have used it in higher doses and longer periods of time than anything you'll find in a textbook or on medline. More importantly though, as I said above, your sperm count may very well not be the problem anyways and there would be no point to subjecting yourself to more clomid unnecessarily.

- If your testicular size is still quite small, no sex drive, clomid already done, I'd consider some HCG...maybe a couple thousand iu once per week for a couple doses to get the boys workin'. Take some nolva with it though, so the increased estro. with testicular stimulation doesn't just shut you right back down again.

Hope that helps.
Stealth.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Hate to tell you this, but i've been with my wife for 12 years or so. We went to a few fertility clinics early on and things just didn't work out. Well here we are today with a 10 week old little boy. For some couples they can get pregnant almost through foreplay, with us it was 12 years or so of unprotected sex. But it was a good run. Long story short you could have a long wait ahead of you. Its a lot of fun in the mean time though. Good luck man. Clint

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Clint1 said:
Hate to tell you this, but i've been with my wife for 12 years or so. We went to a few fertility clinics early on and things just didn't work out. Well here we are today with a 10 week old little boy. For some couples they can get pregnant almost through foreplay, with us it was 12 years or so of unprotected sex. But it was a good run. Long story short you could have a long wait ahead of you. Its a lot of fun in the mean time though. Good luck man. Clint
Did you have a problem due to AAS?

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
No, i went on my first cycle while she was pregnant. That was early april. Get a sperm count done and try to narrow down which of you is lacking. Neither may be lacking, alot of it is timing. Goodluck, Clint

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
bird, if you read my earlier posts, you know my situation. i have been off since mid feb and we have been trying and still nothing. i WOULD get your count tested. and you do not need to wait 6 months, you can go to a doctor or urologist and just tell them you ahve been trying, and they will send you to a place to get your count. its the best thing to do cause i got it done and now were on the solution phase. send me a pm if you need more help bro.

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
PINEAPPLE increases your sperm count. If you don't feel like trying anything like clomid or any other post cycle therapy, just rack up on pineapple.

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
sorry, pineapple isn't the leading enhancer, but asparagus has testosterone-enhancing quality, and almonds and dates also enhance the shukra tissue. Just a thought....

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
HCG would work but you're gonna have to be careful with gyno. HCG tends to have the same effect as other steroids.

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
and it's expensive as hell....probably about $30 for an amp. that's just from my experience.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Dont worry.
As far pct crap.Proviron will increase spermatogenesis.
Wolffy is right too. Ovulation has to be taking place.start plugging your wife 5 days after her period ends and keep it up as frequently as you can for the next ten days...you'll dramatically increase your chances if her egg is ready!!!
It takes a tremendous amount of constant test use to drop sperm count to nil,and even then can be re-aquired---naturally over a period of 6-8 weeks.
depending on your age.
p.s. Mcstanton your a bad post whore.why dont you put one word in each post and let us read uphill to it's exciting conclusion..."kell replied,like a big smartass...

Last edited: