©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Slin run

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Ya bro I got Nov r. I've been running 4iu pre workout along with igf and then 6 hours later another 4iu. I've noticed a fuller look and I've also put on 5lb since starting. I plan on upping it to 10-15iu daily

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What are you eating or drinking when the slin is active? I want to try something similar.

monster-ish

Jul 27, 2017
What are you eating or drinking when the slin is active? I want to try something similar.
I drink a intra workout shake consisting of 2 cups of orange juice which has about 60g of sugar. I mix that with glutamine and bcaas. After workout I drink a post workout shake with whey and another 60g of sugar. An hour after that I eat a meal with another 40g of carbs and protein with moderate fat. Usually some eggs with wheat bread or oats. I eat a meal every couple hours and make sure there's at least 40g of carbs with it sometimes more just depending.

On my second pin of slin which is usually around 1pm I immediately have a meal with another 40g carbs, lean protein and moderate fat. Basically the slin Is active all day while I'm awake and by the time I go to bed it's out my system so I don't have to worry about going hypo mid sleep

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I drink a intra workout shake consisting of 2 cups of orange juice which has about 60g of sugar. I mix that with glutamine and bcaas. After workout I drink a post workout shake with whey and another 60g of sugar. An hour after that I eat a meal with another 40g of carbs and protein with moderate fat. Usually some eggs with wheat bread or oats. I eat a meal every couple hours and make sure there's at least 40g of carbs with it sometimes more just depending.

On my second pin of slin which is usually around 1pm I immediately have a meal with another 40g carbs, lean protein and moderate fat. Basically the slin Is active all day while I'm awake and by the time I go to bed it's out my system so I don't have to worry about going hypo mid sleep

Looks like a solid plan. Are you just using 4iu regular? Do you plan to move up? Even if you move up I would have complex carbs post workout if having sugar during training. Complex carbs are always best unless you need sugar. During training is the only time complex carbs are not good as you need them to digest quickly. Although the way you are doing things is great as well. I like the orange juice and glutamine and bcaa's. Next time when buying aminos see if they have eaa's as they are better than bcaa's.

monster-ish

Jul 27, 2017
Looks like a solid plan. Are you just using 4iu regular? Do you plan to move up? Even if you move up I would have complex carbs post workout if having sugar during training. Complex carbs are always best unless you need sugar. During training is the only time complex carbs are not good as you need them to digest quickly. Although the way you are doing things is great as well. I like the orange juice and glutamine and bcaa's. Next time when buying aminos see if they have eaa's as they are better than bcaa's.

I actually just moved up today to 5iu per pin so 10iu total on the day. I want to move up to 20iu daily eventually but don't want to move to fast as I'm still learning how I react to slin. And yes I'm using novolin r.
The only reason I'm using sugar post workout with my shake is because that is what I have available at the moment. Is there a complex carb I can add to a post workout shake?
I keep hearing about eaa's and how much better they are but honestly have not done the research on them at all. Care to share the difference?

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I actually just moved up today to 5iu per pin so 10iu total on the day. I want to move up to 20iu daily eventually but don't want to move to fast as I'm still learning how I react to slin. And yes I'm using novolin r.
The only reason I'm using sugar post workout with my shake is because that is what I have available at the moment. Is there a complex carb I can add to a post workout shake?
I keep hearing about eaa's and how much better they are but honestly have not done the research on them at all. Care to share the difference?

Not odin but eaa's contain all the essential amino acids. BCAA's just contain 3 albeit essential and the most important regarding muscle. But you need all of the eaa's to drive up muscle protein synthesis. BCAA's can not build muscle but they can prevent the breakdown of muscle tissue. So EAA's basically do what BCAA's do plus enable you to build muscle at the same time. Leucine is very important though and I would recommend you dose that fairly high. To do that you would have to take a decent serving of eaa's or add leucine to your eaa's. Most eaa products contain higher levels of leucine so it should not be a problem. Move up slowly as you have planned and I agree about the complex carbs. You could add powdered oats into your shake or have actual food.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Yup. I've eaten 140 grams of carbs, used 8iu humalog and started going hypo 2 hours later in a supermarket. So, the 7-10 rule of carbs for each iu of slin may not be perfect 100% of the time! I grabbed the glucose tablets off the shelf in the diabetic area and ripped into them in the aisle! Those are great to have around just in case.

Hey the same exact thing can cover the slin one time and not cover it another. It all depends on how much sugar you had in your blood before loading for training. That's why I NEVER carb load too close to the edge.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Not odin but eaa's contain all the essential amino acids. BCAA's just contain 3 albeit essential and the most important regarding muscle. But you need all of the eaa's to drive up muscle protein synthesis. BCAA's can not build muscle but they can prevent the breakdown of muscle tissue. So EAA's basically do what BCAA's do plus enable you to build muscle at the same time. Leucine is very important though and I would recommend you dose that fairly high. To do that you would have to take a decent serving of eaa's or add leucine to your eaa's. Most eaa products contain higher levels of leucine so it should not be a problem. Move up slowly as you have planned and I agree about the complex carbs. You could add powdered oats into your shake or have actual food.

Personally I put much more merit into glutamine than eaa's for insulin windows. IMO eaa's/glutamine/creatine and a slow burning carb is the gold standard for before, during and after followed buy a solid whole meal of protein, carbs and healthy fats.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Personally I put much more merit into glutamine than eaa's for insulin windows. IMO eaa's/glutamine/creatine and a slow burning carb is the gold standard for before, during and after followed buy a solid whole meal of protein, carbs and healthy fats.

I agree if trying to offset insulin and going hypo. I was replying to his question about bcaa's vs eaa's. Eaa's are better than bcaa's in general. Especially when used with insulin so they can be transported into the muscle. Glutamine and creatine are other great additions. Milos likes to use l-carnitine and beta alanine as well. Next time I use insulin I plan to use all of them to take full advantage of insulin's effects.