©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

So I was wondering, has anyone trying doing military bench presses?

kartinkent

Apr 8, 2010
I just tried them for the first time today with a pause like in the second video. My last tested bench max was 255x1 a few months ago with no pause, and I got 235x1 today paused military bench pretty easily.So what I am trying to find out is if you have done military bench press what is your pr military bench press compared to your regular bench? I am trying to see how much leg drive plays into most people's benching

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
Love the military presses. I do them every week. Always wear a belt as you put a lot of stress on the back.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Love the military presses. I do them every week. Always wear a belt as you put a lot of stress on the back.

Your right the heavier you go the more stress it puts on my lower back. I use them often. I actually love this exercise for shoulder size.

Dimes

Sep 11, 2010
I like some military press. I'll usually do them as a finishing movement on the few days I do power cleans. Power clean to chest and up with the militay press, then back down the same way. I think it's a good change up from some stationary movements. Builds explosiveness and makes you suck some wind for a cardiovascular work out.