©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

so I went to Mark Rippitoe's starting strength seminar..

myosaurus

Apr 14, 2013
what a disappointment....
first they charged me $100 bucks extra for walking in and not registering online so it cost me $900 for 3 day seminar(25hrs)
ok what the hell... I'm willing to learn and it should be worth it right?
the whole seminar was based on the 5 basic BB exercises(squat deads standing press cleans and bench press) and physics and geometry and later went on to program design based on texas method(5 x 5)
my overall impression with the whole thing was basically over-complicate what's supposed to be so simple and charge an arms and legs for it, nothing ground breaking here. at the end of seminar they offered me to register for their coaching position and I declined.
my suggestion, save your money.... and follow the program if you wanna become a bottom heavy perma bulker with small arm. being in the industry as long as I was, anyone whom suggests that ''this is the only way to squat'' is just a close minds self righteous bastard who dosnt know what he/she is talking about.:mad:

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Not Cool. I went to a few into the late 90s and later. They were OK. But I think I learned more in the past 5 years on bodybuilding sights like this. And your right everyone has their expert opinion. Sorry it didn't go well.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Certainly not worth $900! Sounds like his free youtube vids vomited back up . You would think if you paid for a seminar they would give you info that ia personal and not available on the web.

Hawk

killswitch604

Dec 3, 2013
That's a huge bummer. I've been bouncing back and forth between Wendler's 5/3/1 and Tate's Extended Tension Training, which are both cheap ebooks, and loving the programs.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Certainly not worth $900! Sounds like his free youtube vids vomited back up . You would think if you paid for a seminar they would give you info that ia personal and not available on the web.

Hawk

Attendees should have been given a belt and some wraps for that kinda cash.