©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

t3 question

zman

Jun 25, 2005
what is the max dose one can safely take of t3? also i have heard that you must gradually increase the dosage. is this true? thanks

taylor26

Aug 16, 2005
U.S.A.
I had read this somewhere. T3-start with 25 mcg and increase dose by 25 mcg every 3 or 4 days untill you reach your target dose. Usually no more than 100mcg. Then pyramid down at the end of the cycle just like you did at the beginning.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
taylor26 said:
I had read this somewhere. T3-start with 25 mcg and increase dose by 25 mcg every 3 or 4 days untill you reach your target dose. Usually no more than 100mcg. Then pyramid down at the end of the cycle just like you did at the beginning.
Agreed. Also, as you mentioned, it should be tapered off at the end to avoid rebound. This is true for T3 for sure, unlike the unnecessary practice that some people do of tapering steroids at the end of a cycle.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I would recommend tapering t3 if its your first time ever using it. There was a study posted though that gave t3 to its control group. They were on it for a long time and didnt taper on or off. Their thyroids started working normally with no problems despite the long time using the drug, and the fact that no tapering was done. In other words, there was no damage sustained. I have tried to locate the study, but cant seem to find it....figures :rolleyes:

taylor26

Aug 16, 2005
U.S.A.
tee said:
I would recommend tapering t3 if its your first time ever using it. There was a study posted though that gave t3 to its control group. They were on it for a long time and didnt taper on or off. Their thyroids started working normally with no problems despite the long time using the drug, and the fact that no tapering was done. In other words, there was no damage sustained. I have tried to locate the study, but cant seem to find it....figures :rolleyes:

Everybody works differently though but definitely taper t3. too bad you can't find that study...

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
fuck tee, i know exactly what study your talking about too. they did one also with DNP if i'm thinking of the right one. god knows where i saw it,lol.

the effect of t3 on your thyroid is kind of exaggerated. althought i would recommend tapering off of it, you could go as high as 200mcg/day if you wanted, but i wouldn't recommend it until you have done some cycling with it first.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
a-bomb83 said:
fuck tee, i know exactly what study your talking about too. they did one also with DNP if i'm thinking of the right one. god knows where i saw it,lol.

the effect of t3 on your thyroid is kind of exaggerated. althought i would recommend tapering off of it, you could go as high as 200mcg/day if you wanted, but i wouldn't recommend it until you have done some cycling with it first.
I saw it posted on another board, but hell if I can find where. It was an old study. The concensus was that tapering was bullshit and worthless. I still recommend doing it though if you havent used t3 before. Better safe than sorry IMO.