©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Tea and Creatine

notdissolved

Nov 6, 2013
Wanted to share my favorite way to drink Creatine Monohydrate. I have found that Creatine Monohydrate often gives me an upset stomach. While the supplement works well I noticed it doesn't dissolve complete or even close to completely. I wanted to start a discussion as to whether the non-dissolved creatine has any benefit to your body? We all know the point of taking creatine is to drive water into your muscle cells while also converting ADP back into ATP (means more cell energy). Does it have the same effect when it isn't dissolved into water? Honestly I do not know but I have found that if I drink my creatine with hot tea in the morning that is dissolves much better and leaves me with almost no stomach discomfort.

Educate me if you know

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Yeah monohydrate suxs, drop a spoon of it in a glass of water and it sits on bottom of cup, imagine in your gut..
Gotta use creatine hydrochloride if any as it dissolves clear as it hits water.
And needs the insulin spike of glucose or a grapejuice to really function well.

Jacked u don't drink hot tea who u fooling? Lol.

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Pip pip cheerio time for tea. Lol yeah not all time but it's getting cold now and your green tea recipe good hot with honey an hci

t.c.jones

Feb 27, 2013
I used to do that a long time ago. But I was told that the heat renders the creatine inactive. If anyone knows better please inform me.

STP

Nov 27, 2013
It actually had nothing to do with the tea. The water (or in this case tea) functions much better as a solvent the warmer it gets. This typically isn't an issue when dealing with shit that is very polar (dissolving sugar in water for example), but the issue arises when you try to dissolve something largely non polar like creatine monohydrate. A little bit will dissolve at room temp, but if you simply heat up your water (thus increasing its ability as a solvent) you should be able to dissolve almost all of the creatine you put in (assuming you are putting in 5ish grams)