©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

tightness in chest / ephedra?

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
Hey bros, I've gotten a tight chest intermittently a couple days a week lately. I take 50mg of pure ephedra prob 3 or 4 days a week before my lifts for energy. I've taken ephedra off and on for awhile (as well as clen and ECA). I've also gotten some headaches when I haven't taken it. Is this similar to caffeine withdrawl headaches?? Should I be concerned with the tightness issue?

Starting new cycle Jan 2!!

GregD.

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
yeah i would say the headaches are from slight withdrawl, and the tightness of the chest shouldnt be there ephedra is used in asmatic treatment to help open the airwaysand relieve tightness of the chest...

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Couldve been a combo of the ephedra and clen
orals effeect pulmonary-
whats your blood pressure greg?
had any labs done lately?
this shit is not NOT dangerous if your not fully informed
nothing with the chest should be taken lightly when using AAS...period

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
kell11 said:
orals effeect pulmonary-
I agree.....Ephedrine can be dangerous. I'd lower the dose or cut out ephed for a while. If possible, check your BP an hour or so after ephed. and before or during lifting. ie. even if your resting BP is normal, it may be very high on ephed, while straining.

- As for improving breathing....that's be more with clen., as it is a beta 2 agonist. Ephedrine is a combined indirect catecholamine agonist (ie. causes the release of your own catechols..like epinephrine and norepinephrine) and has some direct effects on alpha and beta receptors directly. Thus, unlike clen, ephedrine can raise your BP a lot, due to the alpha-adrenergic stimulation and resulting vasoconstriction but is not a particularly great bronchodilator. As well, the increase HR, etc. can cause problems with your heart by increasing rate (increased myocardial demand) and increased afterload and wall tension due to the vasoconstriction. Net result.....you can have a heart attack (myocardial infarction) even with normal coronary arteries. The other classic drug to do this is cocaine, for similar reasons. Also, the high BP can result in stroke, etc.

If you are having chest pain that resolves with rest or headaches, blurred vision, I'd stop it immediately. If you're over 40 and a big guy, bad family history, etc. also not a bad idea to get checked out with an ECG, etc. sometime, best during the chest pain.

Re: the headaches....yeah, withdrawal is the same mechanism as with caffeine. THe ephed and caffeine vasoconstrict the blood vessels in your brain (which is why caffeine and other ergot alkaloids can treat migraines), and if you go off, you get rebound vasodilation and a headache. However....if you are getting headaches frequently or while on ephed, it may well be very high BP causing it...this would be a true hypertensive urgency / emergency and cannot be taken lightly. See my prior post about the guy that blew his thoracic aorta apart last year on ECA.

In addition, if you're on things like tren that are known to increase BP, be even more careful. Aside from high BP, AAS and growth hormone (as seen in acromegaly) also promote premature development of coronary artery disease, putting you at further risk. And, as with a prior post in the past week or two, the rapid development of muscle on AAS puts a lot of stress on the heart because of the increased blood flow required to perfuse those highly metabolic muscles. Often the increase is so quick that normal adaptation of the heart is not possible, so you feel short of breath, maybe chest pain, etc.

Also, as kell mentioned....what are some recent labs? Any change in urine output too? Renal failure can also lead to fluid retention and resultant high BP.

Sounds like you need to take a break for a bit. That's my .02.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
kell11 said:
orals effeect pulmonary-

never took the 2 together bro.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
cawb said:
yeah i would say the headaches are from slight withdrawl, and the tightness of the chest shouldnt be there ephedra is used in asmatic treatment to help open the airwaysand relieve tightness of the chest...

Hey Cawb, how ya been? No the tightness is not while taking the ephedra. Just random times of day. Maybe from stress at work or my gf?