©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Training info question??

bsteelz

Feb 11, 2008
Ok so I just read a old post by "thegame46" page 2 of this section at the bottom that kinda sparked my interest... it goes on about different types of training and how it effects the body. Any advice on how to pick the right type of training for individual goals... I understand quite a bit but not all as well as others im sure....

1. HST Training
2. DC Training
3. Traditional upper/lower mon,t,th,fri
4. One body part a day a week
5. HIT. Training
6. GTP I think was the last one

I think its a great post and I see numerous things that apply to my training in all of these. I see many benifits in each type as well as flaws. Any advice on a way to combnine for optimum performance.?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Ok so I just read a old post by "thegame46" page 2 of this section at the bottom that kinda sparked my interest... it goes on about different types of training and how it effects the body. Any advice on how to pick the right type of training for individual goals... I understand quite a bit but not all as well as others im sure....

1. HST Training
2. DC Training
3. Traditional upper/lower mon,t,th,fri
4. One body part a day a week
5. HIT. Training
6. GTP I think was the last one

I think its a great post and I see numerous things that apply to my training in all of these. I see many benifits in each type as well as flaws. Any advice on a way to combnine for optimum performance.?

You have to experiment with different programs to see what works for you.
I like a DC style type training and I'm fond of HIT as well.

rocco-x

Jan 13, 2009
i just started a GVT routine this month.so far making good gains on it altho the workouts tend to be alot longer than usual.i tend to get good results with a low volume max-ot type routine for my regular training.

Ga. Tim

Dec 6, 2009
USA
training style

Everyone's body and goals are different. I have been a personal trainer for almost 14 years. You can learn from someone with a similar body type and similar goals, but the only way to know for sure what works is trial and error. Trying different routines will also keep you from getting bored. Not sure what your goals are, but a mix of traditional splits (one body part per day etc.) and throw in some crossfit style training to pick up the intensity. It incorporates fundamental power moves but adds in conditioning elements also ( running, sprinting etc.) Everything is timed also, so it's fun to compete against your buddies. I do 1 bp per day with a rest day mid week, then legs every saturday. I don't lift for mass really anymore, so I keep my rest between sets low ( 30 sec) and 10- 15 reps per set. This has helped me burn fat and also really keep a good pump the entire workout. Lighter weights has also helped all my nagging injuries from lifting heavy for years. Don't know if this helps at all. Good luck. Training smarter not harder is the key to breaking thru plateaus.

bsteelz

Feb 11, 2008
thanks..

yeah just curious about diff. types.. i always look for new workouts after a few good months of one type.. 32 yrs. old so i still got a few good years of heavy lifting in me before the body gives out totallty :eek: but am slowing down a little to get the tone hard look.... been about 225-230 5'10 for like the past 6 years.. big, strong, fairly toned just want to keep that hard look like when im pumped or done with a good cyc.. but keep it naturally ya know. cause i only cycle once twice a year at best. trying to find optimum workouts that will achieve that without the gear is my goal... thanks for the heads up...