©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Tri's are outrunning chest...

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
If I really try to lower the bar really slowly and flex my pecs while doing so I will push the bar up with my chest instead of my tris and shoulders. Works for me anyway.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
Bizarro said:
How far are your hands apart on the bar (assuming you arent doing dumbell presses)?
I am doing dumbell presses, but I think I need to switch to flatbar......

I keep my arms at a natural distance apart........wider than shoulder width, I have long arms...

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Zaven said:
another chest day gone to hell.........cable flyes didn't do shit (bicep pump..but that's it)...........and I"m still getting a crazy tri pump when doing presses with no chest pump..............maybe I just need to do flatbar with wide grip.......

Sounds like your having form problems.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
Also, try to keep your triceps workouts spaced out from your bench workouts so your tris don't fatigue and give out before your chest.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
ORACLE said:
Sounds like your having form problems.
I don't know what it is, but it is definately the only muscle group I have problems with......

should I maybe exhaust my tri's first then do chest......

the only thing that actually ever gave me a pump was when I used high reps 12+ with a lighter weight and a kazillion sets and exercises

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
Lighter weights let you have good form, maybe you just need to take some weight off and try that and see if you get results. It can't hurt.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
MaSTa LifTa said:
Lighter weights let you have good form, maybe you just need to take some weight off and try that and see if you get results. It can't hurt.
this is what I'm thinkin too.......can't hurt anything..... ;)

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Zaven said:
I am doing dumbell presses, but I think I need to switch to flatbar......

I keep my arms at a natural distance apart........wider than shoulder width, I have long arms...

I personally get a better pump with dumbells.