©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

U.S. Open - any golf fans?

daddy

Jun 19, 2006
Did anyone watch the US Open this weekend? It was a pretty good tournament and entertaining to the last hole. Unfortunately Tiger shot 12 over in the first two days and didn't make the cut to play on the weekend. Phil Mickelson was in the lead going into the last hole, and after a couple of big mental errors he ended up loosing after doubling the 18th.

Good tournament, but man what a tough course!

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
daddy said:
Did anyone watch the US Open this weekend? It was a pretty good tournament and entertaining to the last hole. Unfortunately Tiger shot 12 over in the first two days and didn't make the cut to play on the weekend. Phil Mickelson was in the lead going into the last hole, and after a couple of big mental errors he ended up loosing after doubling the 18th.

Good tournament, but man what a tough course!

yeah mickelson let it slip away. he just down right choked. he played every shot bad over the last 3 holes. he could have ironed his way to an easy victory but of course he pulls out the driver and tries to be heroic. poor guy that will be remembered for awhile.

hopefully the british open and pga will be better. I liked how challenging the course was but it took alot of fun out of it. what amazed me was how everyone just kept hitting driver instead of low irons of the tee. the rough was just to tough to play out of and the fairways were so small.
jim furyk played the smartest out of everyone and if he wouldnt have missed that put on 18 I think he would have beat ogilvy in the playoff.

I knew it was only a matter of time for Monte, on 18 he just choked it.

ect0m0rph

Mar 31, 2006
That was a chokefest all around, Furyk misses that little put, Montie chokes like he always does and Mickelson's brain didnt work for a hole. Ogilvy was given a major I hope he enjoys it.

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
ect0m0rph said:
That was a chokefest all around, Furyk misses that little put, Montie chokes like he always does and Mickelson's brain didnt work for a hole. Ogilvy was given a major I hope he enjoys it.

yep that sums it up. ogilvy wont be getting anohter major ever. however I do like what he said in his victory speech. he kind of mocked phil alitle bit.

daddy

Jun 19, 2006
I agree, I don't know how many more majors ogilvy will be winning. I didn't hear his speech but if he did mock phil that's kind of lame, because Phil would never do that, he always shows complete respect.