©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

usnic acid

zman

Jun 25, 2005
anyone ever used usnic acid? does it work? what is the recommended dose for fat loss? any negative side effects? thanks for any help

mightymo51

Jan 21, 2006
I looked into this product awhile back and this is some of the info that I found.

Usnic Acid (sodium usniate) was a substance promoted by the late Dan Duchaine. It was originally believed to inhibit tumor growth and the growth of other deadly diseases. It is found naturally in tree moss and is sold as a dietary supplement. The problem with this supplement is that it is unsafe at the dose required to actually burn fat. Some people claim that it can even kill you at these high dosages. I would recommend staying away from this product.

Maybe some of the other guys on this forum can give you some better info because they have been in the game longer than me. However, I have done a lot of research to learn more about these type of drugs and I definately would not use Usnic Acid based on my research.

Maetenloch

Jul 24, 2004
There have been reports of people damaging their liver using usnic acid - by comparison DNP seems safer.

zman

Jun 25, 2005
so is it safe to assume that a clen/t3 cycle would be a better idea?

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
At least clen / T3 are known and studied (effects, dosing, clinical experience, quality control, etc) meds. If taken in correct doses and with knowledge of their effects and side effects, I'd take that over a supplement any day. Supplements are a lot of marketing and are not required to meet the same stringent testing requirements of pharmaceuticals. Thus, you never really know what you're getting with supplements and may be variable even by different manufacturers of the same product, as quality control, clinical studies, etc. are generally very lacking. This can result in a lot of problems and serious side effects, as people think if it's just a natural supplement and sold over the counter that it can do no harm. Ironically, the things that have been studied well, like anabolic steroids, (even though they are illegal) are potentially much safer than taking numerous, expensive, untested supplements. Did I mention that I think most supplements are a scam? OK, enough.