©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Very low HDL

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I had a lipid panel done 2 weeks ago and my HDL levels were really low. 5 to be exact when normal would be over 45. My LDL levels were normal. In 29 and my last blood work was done over 3 years ago (I was not using gear at that time). That blood work came back normal. I've been cruising for 2 months on 100mg test E/25mg test prop once a week. I was also doing 25mg a day of dbol at the time of the blood test but I hadn't been doing the dbol for the entire cruise. Only two weeks at a time. I stopped doing the dbol a week ago and had another blood test. My HDL came back at 17 now. Anyone else have this problem? I think it's the gear because I have a pretty healthy lifestyle and I haven't had problems before. I'm thinking about taking niacin and getting another blood test. Any thoughts?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
With levels that low you should consider doing a PCT and spending some time natty. Maybe reevaluate your diet and look at making some changes to get your HDL back up in the healthy range. How long ago was your last big blast, what were you using and at what dose? Orals are definitely known for causing a profound fluctuation in lipid levels in very short order. Definitely drop all orals until you've been able to get your lipids straight for a longer period of time. And even then, might consider staying away from orals all together.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

zman12

Jan 24, 2013
I would say yes it is the orals as mine has been low before when taking dbol but i would try to take in more fish oil and some and good fats to help.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
My previous blast was 600mg test C and 500mg of eq. I also started off my cycle with 50mg of dbol a day. I think it is the dbol. So I'm staying off that and am going to start taking plant sterols, niacin and high dosages of omega 3's. I'll keep you updated on a future blood test.