©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Warming up

iaeyes

Dec 10, 2012
Iowa
Does anyone else ever have a problem warming up their muscles before a workout? I've ran, walked, swam, lifted really light, but for the last two weeks I just can't get that warmed up feeling. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Are you super flat(carb depleted)? That will always make a warm condition harder to achieve. I'm older and a warmed up (hot) condition is what I need to avoid injury and train well. Here is my routine if training am fasted.
had good complex carbs day before throughout day. Wake up- cup of strong coffee while singing to my pitbulls. Now I put on a t shirt then a h4eavy set of sweats. I turn my heat up in the house(need cool breathing air to sleep at nite) a bit til I start getting uncomfortable.
I get in the car turn on tunes loud after cranking the heat to max and turning heated seat to high. Get to the gym. Mp3 in ears so I talk to no one. Get set .
Stationary bike with gradual resistance increase . When I start to respirate
heavily i feel my body temp getting high. After a cardio heat up I go right to my b/p of the day and start an actual wt warm up. By now i'm already hot and sweating . I wear heavy sweats for duration of training shirts are always wringing wet. If I walk outside in the colder months i look like i'm on fire
from the heavy steam coming off. Makes for some foul ass smelling clothes but that is how I keep my old ass out that injury zone . T

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Does anyone else ever have a problem warming up their muscles before a workout? I've ran, walked, swam, lifted really light, but for the last two weeks I just can't get that warmed up feeling. Am I missing something?

I do a few warm up sets before each exercise

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
I walk on the tread mill at a incline for 15 min with sweats on then I will do 2 warmup sets high rep like 20 light weight then I always pyramid weight with first two exercises

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I like hopping on the stationary bike for 10 minutes, doing some rotator work before chest and shoulders, then hits the weights starting light and working my way up.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Are you super flat(carb depleted)? That will always make a warm condition harder to achieve. I'm older and a warmed up (hot) condition is what I need to avoid injury and train well. Here is my routine if training am fasted.
had good complex carbs day before throughout day. Wake up- cup of strong coffee while singing to my pitbulls. Now I put on a t shirt then a h4eavy set of sweats. I turn my heat up in the house(need cool breathing air to sleep at nite) a bit til I start getting uncomfortable.
I get in the car turn on tunes loud after cranking the heat to max and turning heated seat to high. Get to the gym. Mp3 in ears so I talk to no one. Get set .
Stationary bike with gradual resistance increase . When I start to respirate
heavily i feel my body temp getting high. After a cardio heat up I go right to my b/p of the day and start an actual wt warm up. By now i'm already hot and sweating . I wear heavy sweats for duration of training shirts are always wringing wet. If I walk outside in the colder months i look like i'm on fire
from the heavy steam coming off. Makes for some foul ass smelling clothes but that is how I keep my old ass out that injury zone . T

Im glad I am not the only one who sings to his pitbulls. I have two pits that celebrate every morning when we wake up.