©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Wellbutrin

Adam_david

Oct 1, 2013
Ok not sure if this is the right section for this. If not I apologize.
I recently came off cycle, finished pct and was doing great. Didn't lose much strength and not much weight. A couple weeks after pct I took a vacation for about 10 days where I didn't work out at all. When I got back I went to the Dr. And was put on Wellbutrin and I started back lifting and my left side is a lot weaker than my right and I'm having a pain in my left tricep. Now idk if it's the meds or if I just fell completely off during the vacation. I can curl the same but my bench strength went down the toilet. Any advice?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I don't think Wellbutrin would do that, but I am not a Physician. I have used it before for anti anxiety and to stop smoking, and currently have been on 40mg of Prozac a day for 20 years now, and have no issues related to anything in the gym. They are both the same type of drug. It just calms my urge to kick stupid peoples asses.

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
I am on Wellbutrin XL. I did notice a slight loss of strength since I have been on it, but I attribute that to my reduced desire to work out. I KNOW the Wellbutrin is the culprit there.

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
Oh, and be very careful with all the different drug interactions there are with Welbrutrin...especially Tamox. Mixing Tamox and Welbutrin will both greatly reduce the effectiveness of Tamox, but also can cause irregular heartbeats.

If you use Welbutrin, use Ralox instead.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I am on Wellbutrin XL. I did notice a slight loss of strength since I have been on it, but I attribute that to my reduced desire to work out. I KNOW the Wellbutrin is the culprit there.

That's very interesting,,,,thank you for your reply. I have heard this before.

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
It is a side effect I did not expect. The timing was too perfect for it to just be a coincidence. I am going to try shifting to an early morning and see if that helps.