©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What is the longest you have been on a cycle for?

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
Ok I am interested to determine how long one can stay on a cycle for, safely mind you, so i would like to hear everyones experiences. I was postulating what Big A wrote about the only reason to go off is due to health reasons or you stop growing (your receptors get saturated, although I have read an interesting article saying this is a myth!). Anyways looking forward to hearing everyones experiences! My longest cycle was 6 months, and 45lbs of quite lean muscle (my ulcerative colitus kicked in about 3 months post cycle and I lost about 30 lbs, can't maintain muscle when you cannot eat!).

Big A

IFBB Pro / NPC Judge / Admin
Sep 10, 2005
A number of years. Because I was using HCG every 4 weeks throughout, I did clomid for 3 weeks after it and within 6 weeks my HPTA was back to normal.

I had no sides at all, but I don't drink, smoke or take rec drugs. I use a TON of ancilliaries to keep me healthy.

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
Big A said:
A number of years. Because I was using HCG every 4 weeks throughout, I did clomid for 3 weeks after it and within 6 weeks my HPTA was back to normal.

I had no sides at all, but I don't drink, smoke or take rec drugs. I use a TON of ancilliaries to keep me healthy.

I did a 5 month one. no problems at all

NeverBigEnuff

Nov 12, 2005
Big A said:

What dosage of HCG did u use?? When you say every 4 weeks, do you mean just one injection??

Last edited:

Big A

IFBB Pro / NPC Judge / Admin
Sep 10, 2005
NeverBigEnuff said:
What dosage of HCG did u use?? When you say every 4 weeks, do you mean just one injection??

Every 4th week, 1,500IU on Mon, Wed and Fri.

Cryptasm

Mar 3, 2006
2 years... so far..i am on HRT so I do 6-8 weeks maint dose and then 12 or so weeks where I kick it up.. maint dose is 200mgs test pw.. Use HCG at 500iu 3 days per week, consistantly to keep my nuts from sucking into my gut:D
At 42 my natural levels of test were real low and my HGH was as low as a 89 year old woman..so why would I wanna go back to those levels for any period of time.. I dont suggest this for younger people though..
I'm om for life now, Im gonna be 60yrs old at 245 w 10% BF...:twisted:

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
Thanks bros, now here is a question about HCG, I read (I believe it was in anabolics 2005) that the body may get used to it and its effectiveness diminishes from consistant use, is this your experience as well? Also it is supposed to be effective in the body for up to 5 days, so why the injections every 2nd day?
Here is one question I have been wondering about for awhile, how long does it take to clear out your receptors, if they did become saturated? I have read an article saying this is a myth and this simply does not occur. Interesting. Any more info will be helpful.

I have been contemplating a 1 year + cycle so any advice from those of you that have done it would be appreciated!

Cryptasm

Mar 3, 2006
HCG, I read (I believe it was in anabolics 2005) that the body may get used to it and its effectiveness diminishes from consistant use, is this your experience as well? Also it is supposed to be effective in the body for up to 5 days, so why the injections every 2nd day?

Most of thius info comes from people who are suggesting 1000-1500iu pd...in that case i would agree...I belive lower dose more frequent is better..from what i'v read...thats what "I belive" ...based on credible info....

P

pincrusher

from my experiences and from what i have read on here and other boards, the only ones who should really stay on roids for any prolonged length of time are either pro's, those who aspire to be pro's or those of us who are over 35 and have very low natural test levels and even then i would recommend occasionally reducing the dosage down to a very low maintanence level periodically.
the average joe shmoe who juices has no reason to stay on juice for any longer than 12-20 weeks tops before going off long enough to give your body a chance to recover naturally. i also feel that a large percentage of those who are on for very long periods of time are spending most of that time taking juice just to help maintain what they have already gained. for someone new to this game who has not come anywhere near their natural potential let alone their juicing potential, you should not do ultra long cycles. use the tried & true system of equal time on as off.:)

biggerstronger

Mar 13, 2006
I've stayed on for a little over a year straight. Did a nice pct with nolva and some femara. As well as kept the intensity and calories high and did not lose more than 5lbs if that. In fact I continued to gain strength while off.

In the past I would usually stay on for about 3-4 months at a time. I'm a fan of longer cycles for the most part though.

P

pincrusher

i think that a better question may be, at what point in your training and gear using experience level would it be ok to go with an ultra long cycle. they are certainly not for newbies or those with just a few cycles experience so when would it be good for someone to switch from the time off = time on method?
would it be 3-4 cycles worth of experience or would it have to be based on the amount of size you have already placed on your frame. has it reached a level close to its max potential or do you have a long ways to go? i really think that this would be the better way to approach this kind of question as it will set better groundwork for when it is or isnt ok to run something like this

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
pincrusher said:
i think that a better question may be, at what point in your training and gear using experience level would it be ok to go with an ultra long cycle. they are certainly not for newbies or those with just a few cycles experience so when would it be good for someone to switch from the time off = time on method?
would it be 3-4 cycles worth of experience or would it have to be based on the amount of size you have already placed on your frame. has it reached a level close to its max potential or do you have a long ways to go? i really think that this would be the better way to approach this kind of question as it will set better groundwork for when it is or isnt ok to run something like this

I agree with that, I think once the body reaches near its limit for potential growth, this may be a more beneficial approach. For a person new to training and steroids this would not be a recommended approach. Good point though Pin, as always!