©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

what is your preferred post training carb?

pinpoint5

Apr 2, 2013
the mountains
It always interests me to see the variety of crappy carbs people use directly after their training.

My favorite for off season is Pop-Tarts.

Typical offseason Post training meal:
2 pop tarts/ 50 grams carbs from Gatorade/ 2 scoops whey

Offseason leg day post training:
6 pop tarts/ 50 grams carbs from Gatorade/ 2 scoops whey protein

Pre-contest post training (regardless of the day)
12 oz sweet potato/ 2 scoops whey

What types of stuff do you guys use?

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Make my own shake for post with slin. Dextrose is my main source of sugars.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I actually use a cheap post workout recovery blend-

Dextrose- 45g
15g bcaa's
5g creatine
And some other random things

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Rice. Pop tarts are good, but I would be a fat ass if I ate them. I have to watch my food carefully.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I might take some poptarts into the gym and start eating them towards the end of my workout between sets. Can you imagine the looks I'd be given by the crossfit guys?

I also love me a chick-fil-a sammich or two right after I lift (with waffle fries).

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
0003800032856_L4.jpg

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
I have heard certain countries do not carry them. Order them, illegally import.. do what ya gotta do man!

lol yeah i`ll try to order them... can you believe that in my country even n.o. explode and isosensation93 from ultimate are illegal?!

pinpoint5

Apr 2, 2013
the mountains
lol yeah i`ll try to order them... can you believe that in my country even n.o. explode and isosensation93 from ultimate are illegal?!

Wow that's crazy man! You aren't missing much from NO explode. Never cared for that. Haha I could just imagine somebody getting a customs letter for trying to illegally import NO explode :rolleyes:

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
Wow that's crazy man! You aren't missing much from NO explode. Never cared for that. Haha I could just imagine somebody getting a customs letter for trying to illegally import NO explode :rolleyes:

hahah yeah it`s possible but never happened to me :) i can still get them from my online supplier... but still my country isn`t the best place for a bodybuilder that`s for sure.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Always a classic. The dairy would kill me personally, but a great choice

I got a half gallon post workout this afternoon at walmart for $2.09. I drank half of it (1 quart) and have the other half in the fridge for next time. Basically, 32 oz (1 quart) equals 32 grams protein and 108 grams of carbs. It is not whey, but I am sure it is fine for my needs and a buck per quart is cheap protein.

Last edited:

pinpoint5

Apr 2, 2013
the mountains
I got a half gallon post workout this afternoon at walmart for $2.09. I drank half of it (1 quart) and have the other half in the fridge for next time. Basically, 32 oz (1 quart) equals 32 grams protein and 108 grams of carbs. It is not whey, but I am sure it is fine for my needs and a buck per quart is cheap protein.

Nice! Savin money! That's why I like my pop tarts... they are super cheap

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
Nice! Savin money! That's why I like my pop tarts... they are super cheap

How much do you pay for them? I found an online shop that import things from usa and they cost around 5+euro for a box... Pretty expensive

Last edited: