©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What muscle groups to work each day?

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
For me i work each body part once a week and on the 8th day i take off. Then repeat the routine. I gain reps or poundage from week to week, i think this is a good indicator. If you aren't gaining strength from one workout to the next, i consider this overtraining. Even with giving my body parts a week rest before working them again, sometimes i don't make gains on a lift, then the following week i won't work that bodypart. I have found that the extra rest on an over worked muscle group will give me really good results when i work that bodypart again. For my deadlifts 2 weeks ago i had a hard time w/265 for ten reps. I did dls again yesterdayw/275 for an easy ten reps, the i put on 315 for an good 6 reps. This is how my body responds and the extra rest does wonders for the overtrained muscle group. Clint

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
I've tried damn near every single routine out there and I've found that the chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders, legs split works the best for me. Texas is right. It really depends on your body. I have trouble finding steady workout partners because I can't keep doing the same routine for very long. Just keep trying until you find something that best fits you.

Crosta

Jan 24, 2005
Leg Workout

I wasnt too big into legs until recently, I usually do
4 sets squats
3 sets leg curls
3 sets leg extensions
and calfs

Does anyone have a better work out plan or a better idea of how many reps, sets, and what work outs they do for legs.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
jabo1jabo1 said:
hey dr - i had sex three times yesterday, should i wait another day or should i hit again tonight???!!! :D
If the tendonitis is too intense I'd wait another day or two, but that's just me.... :D