©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What test to run after pct??

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
There are more tests if you have specific concerns (like PSA for a family history of prostrate cancer) but I would check the following items to see if they are in the healthy range listed:

Liver enzyme, AST: 2 - 50 U/L
Liver enzyme, ALT: 2 - 60 U/L

Cholesterol, Total: < 200 mg/dL
Triglycerides: < 150 mg/dL

Testosterone, LH & Estradiol
Testosterone, Total: 260 - 1000 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free: 50 - 210 pg/mL
Testosterone, Free %: 1.0 - 2.7%
Estradiol: < 32 pg/mL
LH: 1.5 - 9.3 mIU/mL

W

wolfyEVH

i just understood this question....i thought you meant "what test" as in, cyp, prop, etc...haha i was like, huh!?!?!

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
wolfyEVH said:
i just understood this question....i thought you meant "what test" as in, cyp, prop, etc...haha i was like, huh!?!?!
i did too at first

mister.fantasti

Aug 16, 2005
Andrew said:
There are more tests if you have specific concerns (like PSA for a family history of prostrate cancer) but I would check the following items to see if they are in the healthy range listed:

bump good info A, thanks bro

Captain Canuck

Oct 9, 2005
Up North
www.musclemaniax.com
Andrew said:

Thanks Andrew!!!

Can you tell me if possible?
What are the normal levels for all these tests.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Andrew said:

Ask them to fractionate the results for cholesterol into LDL and HDL so you can calculate the ratio. Overall cholesterol may not be elevated, but the HDL (decrease) to LDL (increased) ratio is associated with AAS / antiestrogen use and is strongly correlated with cardiovascular disease...moreso than a total elevation in cholesterol.

Also, get a BUN (blood urea nitrogen), and more importantly creatinine level if you think there is any problem with your kidneys (due to some AAS, high blood pressure, anti-inflammatory meds, etc)

As for the liver, the liver enzymes you mentioned are elevated with hepatocellular injury. However, you can have blockage of the small bile ducts in the liver due to AAS which elevate ALP (alkaline phosphatase) enzymes and possiboly serum bilirubin, even without an elevation of AST or ALT. So, if you're on orals, get an ALP as well.

Also for the liver, a functional assessment would include things like albumin and INR / PT (a test for clotting factors that the liver produces). You'd have to damage a fair bit of liver for these to be abnormal though.

Lastly, for Captain Canuck and other (presumably) Canadians here....keep in mind that we use international units (SI) for our reference values, whereas US labs still use old imperial measurements. Thus, the "normal range" numbers will be different from our labs up here.

Last edited:

Captain Canuck

Oct 9, 2005
Up North
www.musclemaniax.com
stealthmeister said:
Ask them to fractionate the results for cholesterol into LDL and HDL so you can calculate the ratio. Overall cholesterol may not be elevated, but the HDL (decrease) to LDL (increased) ratio is associated with AAS / antiestrogen use and is strongly correlated with cardiovascular disease...moreso than a total elevation in cholesterol.

Also, get a BUN (blood urea nitrogen), and more importantly creatinine level if you think there is any problem with your kidneys (due to some AAS, high blood pressure, anti-inflammatory meds, etc)

As for the liver, the liver enzymes you mentioned are elevated with hepatocellular injury. However, you can have blockage of the small bile ducts in the liver due to AAS which elevated ALP (alkaline phosphatase) enzymes and possiboly serum bilirubin, even without an elevation of AST or ALT. So, if you're on orals, get an ALP as well.

Also for the liver, a functional assessment would include things like albumin and INR / PT (a test for clotting factors that the liver produces). You'd have to damage a fair bit of liver for these to be abnormal though.

Lastly, for Captain Canuck and other (presumably) Canadians here....keep in mind that we use international units (SI) for our reference values, whereas US labs still use old imperial measurements. Thus, the "normal range" numbers will be different from our labs up here.

Steal thats good to know thanks bro!

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
stealthmeister said:

As for the liver, the liver enzymes you mentioned are elevated with hepatocellular injury. However, you can have blockage of the small bile ducts in the liver due to AAS which elevated ALP (alkaline phosphatase) enzymes and possiboly serum bilirubin, even without an elevation of AST or ALT. So, if you're on orals, get an ALP as well.

Stealthmeister, you continue to dazzle me with your medical knowledge. You seem to know much more than any doctor that I have seen and questioned. This site really benefits from your imput!

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Andrew said:
Stealthmeister, you continue to dazzle me with your medical knowledge. You seem to know much more than any doctor that I have seen and questioned. This site really benefits from your imput!
There is always much more to know. However, thank you for the positive reinforcement......just trying to give something in return for the knowledge that I've picked up here. In terms of medical knowledge, the "real-world" information by the guys here on AAS (and ancillaries) doses and use, complications, etc. is far better than you can get in a textbook or medical school. Particularly with AAS use being driven underground......the best place to learn is underground.

Last edited: