©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

what training programs work for ya?

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
hello people,

I know it is down to trial and error to find the training program that works best for you, but is there a set of guidlines to follow when on a cycle that means you will get the best results possible?

Training at the min on 4 days using weider prinsiples.

P

pincrusher

the best system i have found that works for me is to just push myself as hard as i can in the gym, and take every set to failure(after 1-2 warm up sets) hit 1 large & 1 small muscle each day and go 2 days on & 1 off. keep legs for a seperate day by themselves.
no magazine or book can show you how to take your workouts to total failure, dont hold back and if ya feel like you have moe left when leaving the gym, you didnt work out hard enough.
it is also hard to overtrain when on gear but it can be done. workouts shouldnt take more than 1 hour maybe 1.5 hrs for legs.

ajc197925

Nov 27, 2004
Don't forget how important nutrition is as well to acheive optimum results. Pay attention especially to your protein intake. You should be consuming at least 1.5 g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Eat, Eat and eat. At a minimum of 6 times a day. Always eat within an hour of waking and always eat within an hour after your workout. Immediate post workout meal should consist of about 50% carbs and 50% protein. These are only the basic guidelines. Hope this helps

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
Nice! nothin' like a hardcore sesh when you can barely walk down the steps of the gym without fallin' over!! :rockon:
Dont do my legs on a separate day tho, so will look at that. I've just always found it hard to motivate myself to go to the gym and just do legs! least favourite body part to train but prob the most important for overall gains.:wallbash:

And I must get an appitite back! need to start eating again!!!! cheers

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
I superset and drop set most body parts. This seems to hit the muscles hard. I also feel like it sparks growth.

black77

Aug 19, 2005
what works for me is doing the basic . for size . leave the cable machines alone

chest flat bench, inclines ,dips, dumbell press
back tbar rows,bent rows, deads
shoulders bar press, dumbell press, up rows,side laterals,shrugs
arms skull crushers ,close grip, french curls, dtanding bar curls and dumbell curls, preaher curls

legs squats, leg press, stiff legs