©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What workout split do you use and why?

Turbo85

May 9, 2013
Texas
Im just wondering how many guys out there are doing the tried and true back and bi's, chest and tri's type routine or a different body part everyday no rest or what?
What are you doing and what has caused you to train this way?
Any Doggcrapp junkies out there?

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
Last edited:

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I generally workout 3 times a week.
Chest, Shoulder, Tri, Calves
Back, Lats and Traps, Biceps
Legs

It is as old school a split as can be found, but works well for me.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I generally workout 3 times a week.
Chest, Shoulder, Tri, Calves
Back, Lats and Traps, Biceps
Legs

It is as old school a split as can be found, but works well for me.

Similar to what I do currently. Mines based a lot on time restraints and recovery as Ive gotten older.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Pretty much the same here 3-4 days a week. I do chest and bi's, Back and tris then legs then shoulders. i do like 3 -4 hours of cardio on top of that too. Ill switch up the bodyparts depending on progress or rather lack thereof.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I like to do posterior chain stuff like lower back, hams, calves on a different day than quads if I can. I really mix it up quite a bit and when I don't I still take 7-8 days to split everything sometimes.

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
7 days a week guys! Been workout out great for me.

power half of the week
monday: tris, delts, pecs, abs (push)
tuesday: rear delts, back, traps, bis and forearms (pull)
weds: legs

volume half of the week
thursday: push again
friday: pull again
saturday: legs again

sunday is always heavy deads.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Im just wondering how many guys out there are doing the tried and true back and bi's, chest and tri's type routine or a different body part everyday no rest or what?
What are you doing and what has caused you to train this way?
Any Doggcrapp junkies out there?

Right here.

Got into DC after training for about 8 years. Made good gains but I then tried some other stuff and got injured. I built up my strength after rehabbing and got back into DC a little over two years ago.

I've run both the 2 way and 3 way and I work with Scott Stevenson, the official DC coach. I've really come to love DC, it is part of who I am.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
I am not training DC, but I like the rotation.

Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat

Chest / Shoulder / Tri

Back W / Back Thick / Forearms / Bi's - I like to do back 1st or my grip sucks after forearms and bi's first. I don't use straps.

Quads / Hams / Calves

Sort of a DC 3 way split, But only straight sets. No RP's or Widow-makers.

I like this split because as with DC Training, I hit a muscle group 3 times every 2 weeks.

I just saw Atom's post. I've heard of Scott Stevenson. Isn't he over on IM? I read Cycles For Pennies a few years ago and liked the philosophy behind it. I've heard people at my gym say it's outdated though. Not sure if that's true. Atom obviously know more about it then me. I'm just a "hobbyist".

Last edited:

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
Right here.

Got into DC after training for about 8 years. Made good gains but I then tried some other stuff and got injured. I built up my strength after rehabbing and got back into DC a little over two years ago.

I've run both the 2 way and 3 way and I work with Scott Stevenson, the official DC coach. I've really come to love DC, it is part of who I am.

sorry bro what does DC stands for? thanks

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I am not training DC, but I like the rotation.

Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat

Chest / Shoulder / Tri

Back W / Back Thick / Forearms / Bi's - I like to do back 1st or my grip sucks after forearms and bi's first. I don't use straps.

Quads / Hams / Calves

Sort of a DC 3 way split, But only straight sets. No RP's or Widow-makers.

I like this split because as with DC Training, I hit a muscle group 3 times every 2 weeks.

I just saw Atom's post. I've heard of Scott Stevenson. Isn't he over on IM? I read Cycles For Pennies a few years ago and liked the philosophy behind it. I've heard people at my gym say it's outdated though. Not sure if that's true. Atom obviously know more about it then me. I'm just a "hobbyist".

Scott is on IM and pro muscle. Same name on both sites, homonunculus.

You are correct, cycles for pennies is outdated and that comes from Dante himself. At the time he wrote it, it was solid based on the available info. DC has stated previously that just wished that cycles for pennies went away because he does not want people thinking that is what still still believes in. Of course some stuff still holds true, but it is no longer current.

Before I started DC I learned the ins and outs. I wanted to make sure I was ready.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
X, Scott and Dave Henry are training partners. They bounce things off one another...kind of like a clash of geniuses.

That must be site to see, especially if you're just regular gym goer and have no idea who they are.

I just looked up Stevenson. Is he the guy in Henry's video Xtreme Bodybuilding Measure?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
That must be site to see, especially if you're just regular gym goer and have no idea who they are.

I just looked up Stevenson. Is he the guy in Henry's video Xtreme Bodybuilding Measure?

That's him...he placed 5th at Master's Nationals last year. He is also a Dr.

Turbo85

May 9, 2013
Texas
Even though I'm not using the routine at the moment I love DC it put a good amount of weight on me in a short period of time natty, bottom line the shit works proof is in the pudding. I have been doing my own over training session the last 7 months with decent gains I eat clean, at least every 3hrs and do a different body part everyday kinda just listen to my body when it needs rest I take it other than that it's been balls to the wall!

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
I do mon- chest/shoulders abs
Wed- back
Fri-legs
Sat-arms

Works for me and there is a rest day between each day except fri/sat. But two different body parts.