©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What's the key to huge traps?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
mightymo51 said:
I always see these guys at the gym with huge traps. When I ask them what they do, they just give some normal excersises like shrugs and other things for shoulders. I've tried very hard to get my traps looking discustingly huge with little success. Although my traps are decent in size and definition, I feel like they could be a lot bigger. Can anyone give me some advice on building discustingly huge traps? Thanks.

Lots of shrugs, uprights rows, and even deadlifts.

oldtestman

Sep 28, 2007
Have you ever seen an Olympic lifter who doesn't have huge traps? Get some straps and do cleans. Pull the first one from the floor and finish the set by just dropping slightly (just about knee level) and giving a huge pull. Deadlifts will add some serious mass to the traps and the cleans will make them shapely and long.

naase2004

Jul 23, 2004
Charlotte, NC
bigguns said:
Deadlifts bro.... Heavy intense deadlifts!! They put a lot of strain on the traps and in conjunction with the other regular exercises you should see excellent development. Try it - hit 3-4 sets of 10 reps HEAVY deadlifts and then see how your traps feel the next day.

Amen!!! Deadlifts and make it heavy!

needsomeinfo

Feb 19, 2005
I've always noticed that generally people with long torsos have naturally tall and defined traps. Foe me I have always had big traps and thick and short lats with no shoulder development. My shoulder joint still remains my weakest link. I seem to be rear shoulder dominant.

Anyways .... I agree with the heavy dead-lift for traps. 90-95% 1rm for 10-15 singles . Gets the raps deep and where they connect in the middle of back. Also db snatches, amazing for overall upper shoulders.

tkav1980

Oct 10, 2007
mightymo51 said:
I always see these guys at the gym with huge traps. When I ask them what they do, they just give some normal excersises like shrugs and other things for shoulders. I've tried very hard to get my traps looking discustingly huge with little success. Although my traps are decent in size and definition, I feel like they could be a lot bigger. Can anyone give me some advice on building discustingly huge traps? Thanks.

yup get your deadlift up around 800lbs. seriously have you ever seen ronnie colemans traps. its from that huge deadlift. i promise if your dead gets stronger youll get bigger traps.

barkingspider

Oct 11, 2008
MN
I've had the best luck with alternate dumbell shrugs. When you bring up one side at a time you can really concentrate on bringing your shoulder up to your ear. When I'm done I grab two heavier dumbells and hold them in front of me or to the side and stretch the traps out for about 60 seconds.

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
two tips that my help you. 1. standing dumbell shrugs, hold yur arms out from yur side 10-20 degress at an angle. Andshrug, concetrating on the angled upward motion. 2. try lying face first on an incline bench at about 45degrees. and shrug up, it hits them at a different angle...traps are just what there called, trapazoids. they have that angle that you cant hit in a straight forward motion.:)

Janukhala2008

May 30, 2009
This item: How to Avoid Huge IRA Tax-Traps! by Jim E. Sloan ... Pay Taxes Later The Key to Making Your Money Last as Long ... (What's this?) Think of a tag as a keyword or label you consider is strongly related to this product. .

shaneclerk

Mar 25, 2011
Well developed traps are an instant sign of strength & power for any bodybuilder or power-lifter.The key to any bodybuilding physique is its aestheticism! A bodybuilder with a pencil neck and no trap development looks incomplete, as does a bodybuilder with skinny, peapod-like, grainy forearms but thick upper arms.