©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What's your take on high doses of HMB?

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Btw- it's suppose to say " what's your TAKE*...." Damn can't edit post titles.

AnaSci- lil help?

Last year I was talking to a guy who owns a supp store in San Diego, he used to be a pro and his knowledge is unreal.

I asked him, aside from the usual and standard what's one thing he likes for bulking- he told me hands down that high doses of hmb is amazing for positive nutrient partitioning and muscle repair.

So he basically gave me a shit ton of HMB and I was taking 12g- 15g a day-

In that time I think put on more lean mass than I ever have before. I don't have that hook up any more and I almost feel that the high doses made a big difference. I was just always so "full" and harder looking than I am right now and everything else is the same and in fact I am lifting heavier and eating better with more gear right now- the lack of hmb is the only real difference.

What's everyone else's experience with it?

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
U know I took that back when it came out but not at that high of mg.didn't see much but didn't really know what to expect.
Didn't.Bill Phillips or Ducane really hype hmb up around the time creatine monohydrate was five times the price it is now?
SUPER HMB POWDER - 2.5 LB:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SxAlFBG8L.@@AMEPARAM@@41SxAlFBG8L

Last edited:

JewJitsu012

Mar 5, 2013
Man that's still 30 bucks a week with the amazon stuff now.... shit must have been a fortune when you got hooked up then!

Love to see if anyon3 else tried it as well

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
What's your tale on high doses of HMB?

Again- you can get HMB cheap if you try... But just curious and want some one else to validate what I've experienced

JewJitsu012

Mar 5, 2013
1134 grams in 2.5 lbs at 62$ is like 6$ week @15gm day? .anyone eat this pony stuff
I'll split one with someone..worth a try

Says on the label that 1 ounce = 5000mg of HMB so @15mg that would be 3 ounces a day, about 1.25lbs a week, so like $30 a week.

JewJitsu012

Mar 5, 2013
41SxAlFBG8L.jpg

I would definitely try it for $6 a week, I just spend 1200 at fucking GNC on stupid shit.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013

Says on the label that 1 ounce = 5000mg of HMB so @15mg that would be 3 ounces a day, about 1.25lbs a week, so like $30 a week.

Apparently it's not pure-

But you can get kilos of hmb powder from china for a decent price I've looked into it.

JewJitsu012

Mar 5, 2013
Apparently it's not pure-

But you can get kilos of hmb powder from china for a decent price I've looked into it.

Powder from China, shit never thought of that ... I was looking at GNC, fucking expensive - 60 caps @ 1000mg $40 lol . . . no way!

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013

I was quoted $22 for a single kilo... If I bought 10 it dropped to like $18 a kilo

That's like $180 for 22 pounds of it..

That's 667 days worth for $180 plus shipping + $45= $225
That's $0.33 a day for 15g serving

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I think you may be onto someting. I looked into it a while back, but wrote it off as another overhyped overpriced supplement. Here is a pretty interesting article from a very well known on bb.com (i know but research is research). He is the founder of Scivation and very knowledgable in the field of supplementation. If you are on the fence or would like to know more about hmb, this is a great read.
Bodybuilding.com - HMB: Overrated, Overpriced, Or Overlooked: Part 1.

Last edited:

xxl1

Jan 5, 2013
I used it when I competed in a show way back when it first came out. I could only afford 5 grams a day but swore it helped me maintain some lbm. Haven't heard much since those days except in one of the Boost or Ensure type products.
Interested to hear how it works out for you.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Re: What's your tale on high doses of HMB?

Note that the only ”true” HMB is produced in licensed facilities and is cost-controlled.

There is rampant bunk HMB on the market. One study that used HMB from a ”reputable” supplement brand, purchased at GNC, returned results that showed no effect from the HMB.

Later, they analyzed the ”HMB” they used in the study and found that there wasn't any HMB in it.

Check out HMB.org for a list of brands that use the real thing. This is a real case of cheaper is not always better.

I know this because I repped for an HMB company. Many fakes out there.

TT