©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

why does it take 3 weeks for Deca and Test E...

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
to become effective? I realize that they are long esters but if a short ester is effective in 2-3 days such as test prop, then why isn't test e effective after say 1 week??

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
my opinion

It doesn't take Deca/Enan three weeks to "become effective", even though it might feel that way. The second they begin to release into your bloodstream/attatch to receptors, they start exerting their androgenic and anabolic effects.

With prop's short ester, most of the test injected is (or has been) in circulation for 3-4 days. With Enanthate or Deca, only half of the test/nandralone is slowly released over the period of 8-14 days. So with prop you can build up the active test levels really fast by injecting every day or every other day and it is going full force within a week. But Enanthate/deca,etc. (long-esters) have only released HALF of their active hormone after that week or sometimes only a third (half-lives are often longer than a week).

So if you inject 200mg test prop on Monday, then again on Wed and Fri (or 600mg/week), by sunday you'll have experienced the effects of nearly 600mg "active" running around your body and you can feel it by then. IME, I can't feel prop until the first week has gone by. Its individual.

OTOH, if you inject 600mg test enanthate on Mon, by sunday only around 200-300mg has been released. The other 300mg is bound to its ester and will slowly be released over the next week or two. Within 3 to 4 weeks (due to all the half-live degradations) you'll have a high, stable level of test in your blood and this is when you notice it.

This is how I understand it, maybe someone knows better and can share.

Last edited:

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Nice post Powermad. That's pretty well my understanding of it as well. Some is working from the time of injection, but you may not feel it until the test. accumulates from repeated slow-release (oil based) injections. Interesting to look at the roid calculator at www.roidcalc.com and check out the amount of test. released on each injection (keep in mind that natural test. production is about 7mg / day). By dosing every 5 days or so with test. enanth, the inital injection is still releasing test into the blood when the next injection is done. Thus, over many weeks there is a gradual cumulative effect on the blood levels of test. However, if you were to inject more than every couple of weeks or so apart, little accumulation would occur.

Last edited: