©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Why should I take injectible B 12 in my cycle?

Bano

Jun 28, 2007
I heard so many including vitamin B12 to their cycle but I don’t know what benefits I will have out of it.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I never realy have but I beleive it will give you energy and an increased appetite?

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
rAJJIN said:
I never realy have but I beleive it will give you energy and an increased appetite?
It actually does as far as I'm concerned. Although, I can only vouch for Synthelamin. Kaiser pointed it out to me at one time I believe. Durring the summer when it gets hot my appetite seems to go way down. That's no good while on cycle and I was. I ordered the Synthelamin because of this.
It actually gave me more energy and a BIG appetite while I had a cold and yes it was hot when I had a cold. I just wasn't eating, but after about 2 weeks of Sythelamin not only did my energy go up but my appetite for everything did as well.

Here's where I got it... http://www.synthetek.com/Products/Synthelamin/synthelamin.html

I used it ED for the first week and EOD or E3Days for the second week and then just plain E3D there after. Hope this helps.

Jerry07

May 24, 2007
Bano said:
I heard so many including vitamin B12 to their cycle but I don’t know what benefits I will have out of it.
I take this vitamin to increase my appetite , when this is suppress by taking certain roids

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
Jerry07 said:
I take this vitamin to increase my appetite , when this is suppress by taking certain roids
Is it in pill form? If so, it is most likely destroyed(for the most part) once it reaches the liver. I'll only use injects now.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
rAJJIN said:
Same here, I never really need it.........

Negro

Jun 11, 2007
Bano said:
It will give you also a lot of energy

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
Many of the B-group vitamins are good for central nervous system and protein synthesis. B-12 is also one of these that is good for this. It is also good for energy and apitite as long as you do not have any real liver issues. oral b-12 is a total waste of time and money. it is destroyed in the first pass metabolism and is rendered inert after this. Injectable b-12 (synthalamine by synthetek) is the only real effective route of administration.

sammarbella

Apr 15, 2007
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/e...med.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVAbstractPlus

.................................................................................................

Oral vitamin B12 versus intramuscular vitamin B12 for vitamin B12 deficiency.
Vidal-Alaball J, Butler CC, Cannings-John R, Goringe A, Hood K, McCaddon A, McDowell I, Papaioannou A.

National Public Health Service for Wales, 36 Orchard Street, Swansea, Wales, UK, SA1 5AQ. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Vitamin B12 deficiency is common and rises with age. Most people with vitamin B12 deficiency are treated in primary care with intramuscular vitamin B12 which is a considerable source of work for health care professionals. Several case control and case series studies have reported equal efficacy of oral administration of vitamin B12 but it is rarely prescribed in this form, other than in Sweden and Canada. Doctors may not be prescribing oral formulations because they are unaware of this option or have concerns regarding effectiveness. OBJECTIVES: To assess the effectiveness of oral vitamin B12 versus intramuscular vitamin B12 for vitamin B12 deficiency. SEARCH STRATEGY: Searches were undertaken of The Cochrane Library, MEDLINE, EMBASE and Lilacs in early 2005. The bibliographies of all relevant papers identified using this strategy were searched. In addition we contacted authors of relevant identified studies and Vitamin B12 research and pharmaceutical companies to enquire about other published or unpublished studies and ongoing trials. SELECTION CRITERIA: Randomised controlled trials (RCTs) examining the use of oral or intramuscular vitamin B12 to treat vitamin B12 deficiency. DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS: All abstracts or titles identified by the electronic searches were independently scrutinised by two reviewers. When a difference between reviewers arose, we obtained and reviewed a hard copy of the papers and made decisions by consensus. We obtained a copy of all pre-selected papers and two researchers independently extracted the data from these studies using piloted data extraction forms. The whole group checked whether inclusion and exclusion criteria were met, and disagreement was decided by consensus. The methodological quality of the included studies was independently assessed by two researchers and disagreements were brought back to the whole group and resolved by consensus. MAIN RESULTS: Two RCT's comparing oral with intramuscular administration of vitamin B12 met our inclusion criteria. The trials recruited a total of 108 participants and followed up 93 of these from 90 days to four months. High oral doses of B12 (1000 mcg and 2000 mcg) were as effective as intramuscular administration in achieving haematological and neurological responses. AUTHORS' CONCLUSIONS: The evidence derived from these limited studies suggests that 2000 mcg doses of oral vitamin B12 daily and 1000 mcg doses initially daily and thereafter weekly and then monthly may be as effective as intramuscular administration in obtaining short term haematological and neurological responses in vitamin B12 deficient patients.

........................................................................................

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/e...med.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVAbstractPlus

..................................................................................

Oral vitamin B12 versus intramuscular vitamin B12 for vitamin B12 deficiency: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.
Butler CC, Vidal-Alaball J, Cannings-John R, McCaddon A, Hood K, Papaioannou A, Mcdowell I, Goringe A.

Department of General Practice, Cardiff University, Wales, UK.

BACKGROUND: Vitamin B(12) deficiency is common, increasing with age. Most people are treated in primary care with intramuscular vitamin B(12). Several studies have reported equal efficacy of oral administration of vitamin B(12). OBJECTIVES: We set out to identify randomized controlled trial (RCT) evidence for the effectiveness of oral versus intramuscular vitamin B(12) to treat vitamin B(12) deficiency. METHODS: We conducted a systematic review searching databases for relevant RCTs. Outcomes included levels of serum vitamin B(12), total serum homocysteine and methylmalonic acid, haemoglobin and signs and symptoms of vitamin B(12) deficiency. RESULTS: Two RCTs comparing oral with intramuscular administration of vitamin B(12) met our inclusion criteria. The trials recruited a total of 108 participants and followed up 93 of these from 90 days to 4 months. In one of the studies, mean serum vitamin B(12) levels were significantly higher in the oral (643 +/- 328 pg/ml; n = 18) compared with the intramuscular group (306 +/- 118 pg/ml; n = 15) at 2 months (P < 0.001) and 4 months (1005 +/- 595 versus 325 +/- 165 pg/ml; P < 0.0005) and both groups had neurological responses. In the other study, serum vitamin B(12) levels increased significantly in those receiving oral vitamin B(12) and intramuscular vitamin B(12) (P < 0.001). CONCLUSIONS: The evidence derived from these limited studies suggests that 2000 microg doses of oral vitamin B(12) daily and 1000 microg doses initially daily and thereafter weekly and then monthly may be as effective as intramuscular administration in obtaining short-term haematological and neurological responses in vitamin B(12)-deficient patients.

PMID: 16585128 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

.............................................................................................

Big A

IFBB Pro / NPC Judge / Admin
Sep 10, 2005
sammarbella said:

.................................................................................................

Oral vitamin B12 versus intramuscular vitamin B12 for vitamin B12 deficiency.
Vidal-Alaball J, Butler CC, Cannings-John R, Goringe A, Hood K, McCaddon A, McDowell I, Papaioannou A.

National Public Health Service for Wales, 36 Orchard Street, Swansea, Wales, UK, SA1 5AQ. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Vitamin B12 deficiency is common and rises with age. Most people with vitamin B12 deficiency are treated in primary care with intramuscular vitamin B12 which is a considerable source of work for health care professionals. Several case control and case series studies have reported equal efficacy of oral administration of vitamin B12 but it is rarely prescribed in this form, other than in Sweden and Canada. Doctors may not be prescribing oral formulations because they are unaware of this option or have concerns regarding effectiveness. OBJECTIVES: To assess the effectiveness of oral vitamin B12 versus intramuscular vitamin B12 for vitamin B12 deficiency. SEARCH STRATEGY: Searches were undertaken of The Cochrane Library, MEDLINE, EMBASE and Lilacs in early 2005. The bibliographies of all relevant papers identified using this strategy were searched. In addition we contacted authors of relevant identified studies and Vitamin B12 research and pharmaceutical companies to enquire about other published or unpublished studies and ongoing trials. SELECTION CRITERIA: Randomised controlled trials (RCTs) examining the use of oral or intramuscular vitamin B12 to treat vitamin B12 deficiency. DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS: All abstracts or titles identified by the electronic searches were independently scrutinised by two reviewers. When a difference between reviewers arose, we obtained and reviewed a hard copy of the papers and made decisions by consensus. We obtained a copy of all pre-selected papers and two researchers independently extracted the data from these studies using piloted data extraction forms. The whole group checked whether inclusion and exclusion criteria were met, and disagreement was decided by consensus. The methodological quality of the included studies was independently assessed by two researchers and disagreements were brought back to the whole group and resolved by consensus. MAIN RESULTS: Two RCT's comparing oral with intramuscular administration of vitamin B12 met our inclusion criteria. The trials recruited a total of 108 participants and followed up 93 of these from 90 days to four months. High oral doses of B12 (1000 mcg and 2000 mcg) were as effective as intramuscular administration in achieving haematological and neurological responses. AUTHORS' CONCLUSIONS: The evidence derived from these limited studies suggests that 2000 mcg doses of oral vitamin B12 daily and 1000 mcg doses initially daily and thereafter weekly and then monthly may be as effective as intramuscular administration in obtaining short term haematological and neurological responses in vitamin B12 deficient patients.

........................................................................................

..................................................................................

Oral vitamin B12 versus intramuscular vitamin B12 for vitamin B12 deficiency: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.
Butler CC, Vidal-Alaball J, Cannings-John R, McCaddon A, Hood K, Papaioannou A, Mcdowell I, Goringe A.

Department of General Practice, Cardiff University, Wales, UK.

BACKGROUND: Vitamin B(12) deficiency is common, increasing with age. Most people are treated in primary care with intramuscular vitamin B(12). Several studies have reported equal efficacy of oral administration of vitamin B(12). OBJECTIVES: We set out to identify randomized controlled trial (RCT) evidence for the effectiveness of oral versus intramuscular vitamin B(12) to treat vitamin B(12) deficiency. METHODS: We conducted a systematic review searching databases for relevant RCTs. Outcomes included levels of serum vitamin B(12), total serum homocysteine and methylmalonic acid, haemoglobin and signs and symptoms of vitamin B(12) deficiency. RESULTS: Two RCTs comparing oral with intramuscular administration of vitamin B(12) met our inclusion criteria. The trials recruited a total of 108 participants and followed up 93 of these from 90 days to 4 months. In one of the studies, mean serum vitamin B(12) levels were significantly higher in the oral (643 +/- 328 pg/ml; n = 18) compared with the intramuscular group (306 +/- 118 pg/ml; n = 15) at 2 months (P < 0.001) and 4 months (1005 +/- 595 versus 325 +/- 165 pg/ml; P < 0.0005) and both groups had neurological responses. In the other study, serum vitamin B(12) levels increased significantly in those receiving oral vitamin B(12) and intramuscular vitamin B(12) (P < 0.001). CONCLUSIONS: The evidence derived from these limited studies suggests that 2000 microg doses of oral vitamin B(12) daily and 1000 microg doses initially daily and thereafter weekly and then monthly may be as effective as intramuscular administration in obtaining short-term haematological and neurological responses in vitamin B(12)-deficient patients.

PMID: 16585128 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

.............................................................................................

It doesnt' say how much injectible b-12 was used.

sammarbella

Apr 15, 2007
Big A said:
It doesnt' say how much injectible b-12 was used.

These abstracts doesn't provide the IM B12 doses and the full versions of the studies needs $$$.:(

I found this other study (another oral VS IM) with amounts for IM and oral doses.

1000 mcgs daily oral for 10 days versus 1000 mcgs daily IM for 10 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oral versus intramuscular cobalamin treatment in megaloblastic anemia: a single-center, prospective, randomized, open-label study.
Bolaman Z, Kadikoylu G, Yukselen V, Yavasoglu I, Barutca S, Senturk T.

Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Adnan Menderes University Medical School, Aydin, Turkey. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Cobalamin (vitamin B12) deficiency, the most common cause of megaloblastic anemia, is treated with intramuscular (IM) cobalamin. It has been suggested by some investigators that oral (p.o.) cobalamin treatment may be as effective in the treatment of this condition, with the advantages of ease of administration and lower cost. OBJECTIVE: This study assessed the effects and cost of p.o. versus i.m. cobalamin treatment in patients with megaloblastic anemia due to cobalamin deficiency. METHODS: This was a 90-day, prospective, randomized, open-label study conducted at the Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Adnan Menderes University Research and Practice Hospital (Aydin, Turkey). Patients aged > or =16 years with megaloblastic anemia due to cobalamin deficiency were randomized to receive 1000-microg cobalamin p.o. once daily for 10 days (p.o. group) or 1000-microg cobalamin i.m. once daily for 10 days (i.m. group). After 10 days, both treatments were administered once a week for 4 weeks, and after that, once a month for life. Patients were assessed for the presence of reticulocytosis between treatment days 5 and 10 until it was detected. Therapeutic effectiveness was assessed by measuring hematologic parameters on days 0, 10, 30, and 90 and serum vitamin B12 concentration on days 0 and 90. The Mini-Mental State Examination was used before and after the B12 therapy for cognitive function assessment and 125-Hz diapozone was used for vibration threshold testing. Neurologic sensory assessment, including soft-touch and pinprick examinations, was used to identify neuropathy at baseline and study end. Tolerability was assessed using laboratory tests and patient interview. Cost was assessed using the cost of the study drug and of the injection. RESULTS: Sixty patients completed the study 26 in the p.o. group (16 men, 10 women; mean [SD] age, 60 [15] years) and 34 in the i.m. group (17 men, 17 women; mean [SD] age, 64 [10] years). Reticulocytosis was observed in all patients. In the p.o. group, at days 30 and 90, all hematologic parameters changed significantly versus day 0 (mean hemoglobin levels increased [both P<0.001]; mean corpuscular volume decreased [both P<0.001]; mean white blood cell count increased [day 30, P<0.01; day 90, P<0.001]; and mean platelet count increased [both P<0.001]). The mean serum vitamin B12 concentration increased significantly from day 0 to 90 (P<0.001). These hematologic parameters and the recovery patterns were similar between the 2 groups. Neurologic findings included sensitive peripheral neuropathy in 9 patients (15.0%), alteration of cognitive function (loss of memory, impaired concentration) in 7 patients (11.7%), and loss of sense of vibration in 5 patients (8.3%). Neurologic improvement was detected in 7 of 9 patients (77.8%) in the p.o. group and 9 of 12 patients (75.0%) in the i.m. group at day 30. CONCLUSIONS: In this study of patients with megaloblastic anemia due to cobalamin deficiency, p.o. cobalamin treatment was as effective as i.m. cobalamin treatment. P.o. treatment also was better tolerated and less expensive compared with IM treatment. However, because of the small sample size and the short term of this study, further long-term studies are needed to determine the efficacy of p.o. cobalamin treatment.

PMID: 14749150 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
....................................................................................

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
Bano said:
Should I injecting once a week or eod?
If it's the Synthelamin from Synthetek, then I'd use it ED the first week to load up on it and then EOD or E3D. Also, it's water based so you can use a very thin needle...29 gauge works well...I know sterilesyringes.com has em.

Secret

Jul 2, 2007
I take it for the entire cycle even after if require , it is good even to cut your gear with. I love B12

bigdawg

May 15, 2007
SYNTHELAMIN is what you recommended from synthetek but what about SYNTHESELEN, it seems nice and contains b-12 as well.

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
bigdawg said:
SYNTHELAMIN is what you recommended from synthetek but what about SYNTHESELEN, it seems nice and contains b-12 as well.
I'd def. like too try it! Just haven't as of yet.