©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

why you get sick after intense training

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Damn.. i must be a bio hazard on a nuclear level. No wonder why I feel like shit after some intense work out. Haha

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I dunno how much of that I'm buying. Anytime someone starts talking about naturopathic "doctors" and acupuncture their credibility is pretty suspect, to me. And since when does burning fat make your body MORE toxic? It might be worth doing some more reading on it, but for the moment my BS alarm is going off.

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
I've thrown up immediately after (or even during) leg day...but I don't recall ever being sick 2-4 days after lifting--due to the lifting itself, like the article talks about. Maybe I just never paid attention to it as normally, after a couple weeks off of training and getting back in the gym, I'm (more) sore, etc...and perhaps that 'masks' those other feelings.

I've been out of the gym for a couple weeks...back at it today...so, I'll see how I feel the rest of this week (or the next two weeks).

-s

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
I think it is more for the obesed individuals. I habe never felt sick like cold or flu from working out. I was being sarcastic but maybe there is something their that needs to be studied medically/academically.

I know I make myself sick like throwing up, but that is from pushing myself and the intensity level.

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
Me personally, after a good workout, then a post workout shake, I find when I get home I have one of these different symptoms such as; shakiness, slight nausea, a feeling of just "not right" and a need to just lay down and rest for about 15-20 minutes. This is not for all workouts, some days my workouts can be below average and the above symptoms are nill. Maybe its because I am an older lifter.(?)

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
The article is taking a thing out of context. Some people with lime disease or other conditions can get so stressed that their body fries their natural micro bacteria. Leaving the dead microbes to release cyto toxins that in a huge amount can cause sickness. This is an extreme condition and example.

But for guys that worout for 20+hrs a week its a POSSIBILITY! I can train so hard on my deadlift days that I'm fucked up for like 2 days. Not muscle wise but nervous system wise. This si where beta blockers and other drugs help so much. Being sick to your stomach is normal if you push hard but nuking your cns due to extreme exertion is rare.

Like cross fitters will talk bout going into rhabdomyolysis from workouts. I got ran over by a fucking semi truck and went into rhabdo. How the unholy fuck do you push that hard to end up like that. It can happen but it's not as common as people think.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Damn it psych.. you are like a walking talking medical encyclopedia.

LV: Goddammit, PSHYC! You're a goddamned genius! Thats the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamned gifted, Soldier Pshyc...

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Damn it psych.. you are like a walking talking medical encyclopedia.

LV: Goddammit, PSHYC! You're a goddamned genius! Thats the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamned gifted, Soldier Pshyc...

Forest Gump reference!!!!

Attachments

• 200_s.gif
    200_s.gif
    29 KB · Views: 48

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
Just to add another point to this, specifically, intense workouts 4-5 days a week. Adreneal fatigue can be triggered. rhabdomyolysis is not something I am to familiar with. Adreneal fatigue can be mistaken for many different things only blood work will really tell the truth. You go to your Dr. and ask him/her to run bloods for adreneal fatigue and you will probably get some weird looks. Adreanal fatigue is real, I had it once it felt like anxiety attacks and nervousness. I started my self on 25mcg's of T3 and within 24-36 hours the symptoms subsided. I ran the t3 for about a week and then stepped down to EOD, then E 2 days and off with no more symptoms. Of course I took three weeks off, only did some light cardio.

Southernjuice

Apr 5, 2017
Leg days omg...I remember balls to the wall, throw up day!!!! It meant I had a good workout, it's the lactic acid buildup. Also soft tissue injury gives a big release of potassium to your system.