©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

workout music

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Was wondering what kind of music you like to play/hear when at the gymn. The music at my gymn sucks so badly...like retreaded disco shit. So today I bought an ipod and am about to fill it.

Nitrateman

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
Angry Music

Metallica, GNR, Rammstein, Eminem, Sum41... Anything pissed off and raging. My gym music usually sucks too but I find it too awkward to work out with paraphenalia hanging from my ears, so I just rock out in my car on the trips to and from the gym.

Actually I used to try to listen to music during a lift but I would find that during the actual lift I would completely miss the lyrics and then have to rewind if I wanted to hear them. I just can't hear anything during a lift--lifting takes my entire body, mind, and soul!

W

wolfyEVH

i could care less about music in the gym. whatever is playing, thats what i'm listening too. i am usually too busy focused anyways on my form and such and don't even hear anything playing.

2RIIPPED

Sep 29, 2005
what are you kidding you can't listen to music in the gym, Music helps me out quite a bit, just gets me pumped. Most the time I listen to Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Iced Earth, Slayer, stuff you don't need to listen to its just there and it pumps you up.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Wolfy

I feel much the same, or at least I used to...until the annoyance factor of the shit music would jar me out of my concentration. I could go for say 10 minutes hearing nothing that was being played...just zoning, then some crap would pull me out of my workout. So decided to try to create a different environment, one that I control.

Nitrateman

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I've been working out at home lately(broke ass can't afford the gym anymore) and I made a nice mix disk consisting of......Led zeppelin, Eminem, ozzy(mr crowley gets my real psyched for deadlifts), twista(gotta have the fast beats), bone thugs, and guns n roses. I change my mind every day though, so my mix discs usually last 1 to 2 workouts if they're lucky.

mrxplosive

Oct 10, 2005
I don't wear headphones. My gym plays great music: Black Label Society, Godsmack, Rob Zombie, GNR, Metallica, Megadeth, Shotgun Messiah, etc. No one ever gets in my way, its open 24 hours and has everything I need to get big and ripped! Love it!!!

BTW, its in my garage! LMAO!

W

wolfyEVH

steve0085 said:
P.S. for wolfy.............

Van Halen Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and this is coming from a guy who likes eminem, bone thugs, and twista :gay2:

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
Nothing can touch the classic heavy metel, namely AC/DC. Always been great but the gym I train at always has some shit, sometime Michael Jackson!! They stick it on a digital station from a satalite company. I used to train in a hard core gym back in British Columbia but I don't think those gyms exist anymore. They are all about catering to the "fitness" crowd. Lets all get our spandex on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
Blackbird said:
Faith No More, my new favorite.
"Indecision clouds my vision, no one listens."

I've got Faith No More's autographs on My Epic CD. That's a blast from the past.

mrxplosive

Oct 10, 2005
a-bomb83 said:
ac/dc is not metal.

I think they are heavy metal because thats what they were in the late 70's, early 80's. Just because the up and coming groups are heavier doesn't take away the fact that AC/DC paved the road for much of today's heavy metal by pushing the limits in their early days.

Also, I think it comes down to preferences also. A lot of what is termed heavy metal today I wouldn't even classify as music, like Slipknot for example.

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
no, ac/dc is not metal. they are just hard rock, borderline southern rock. old school metallica, iron maiden, slayer, megadeth etc... are heavy metal. motley crue, poison, warrant, are all hair metal. as i lay dying, killswitch engage, those are all emo metal. slipknot is just crap.