©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



Bf %

In the military their is a calculation you can use. You would check your weight. You then would take measurements of your waist and neck. I don't have the chart they use or the calculations but if i run into it i'll let you know.
 
ORACLE said:
In the military their is a calculation you can use. You would check your weight. You then would take measurements of your waist and neck. I don't have the chart they use or the calculations but if i run into it i'll let you know.

Yeah, then you take measurements of loose skin or something....
lol
 
cawb said:
is there a way that i ,myself could figure out my BF %?

You can buy some BF calipers and do it yourself. You can usually find them online for a reasonable price. It takes alot of practice using them, though.
 
ORACLE said:
In the military their is a calculation you can use. You would check your weight. You then would take measurements of your waist and neck. I don't have the chart they use or the calculations but if i run into it i'll let you know.
thanks alot i see people posting BF% all the time and after my first cycle i would like to be able to post mine ,i am real lean right now i dont think i have hardly any BF but what i do have i would like to know the %.
 
a that was cool i dont know how accurate it is but it says i have 11% BF is that good or no. what is a good average % of BF
 
I would say that's good. Not to flame anyone who posts their bf% but I think they are usually exagerated. Those guys on the cover of the fitness mags are like 8%. In his prime I think Hershel Walker was around 5%.
 
I got some calipers, the ones with the springs in them, and I think they're pretty good, comes with a book that tells you 4 places to measure and you take the sum of the measurements and put your age into a formula and gives you a reading and it was only 1% away from my underwater weighing reading(the most accurate method available) The worst way to get bodyfat measurements are from a store bought scale with the electroresistance measuremants, the only resistance measurements you can trust are ones that are calibrated regularly(very rarely in the gym)