©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



Bicep Tendonitis

deadlift

Registered User
Jan 30, 2005
165
0
0
I went to my Sports Medicine doctor for a sharp pain
in my shoulder, she said it was bicep tendonitis and cortizone
would not help and I could potentionally make it worse. So she
recommends anti-inflamatories and 12 weeks of physical therapy!?!
Question: could I just shoot some deca or something in there myself?
and do I really need physical therapy 2 times a week for 12 weeks!
or is she just milking the system?
thanks....
 
Allow the area to heal a bit. And then try using deca not to mask but to help lubricate the tendon(s). I am confused usually bicep tendonitis is at the elbow joint. I guess it could also be at the front deltoid attatchment as well. But in any case use strict form and do not lock out your movements. Also heat cremes work. I would also start taking some creatine and glutamine right now as well. Bromelain works good for inflamation.
 
No need for PT I woudn't think, but anti-inflammitories such as ibuprofen or aleve and rest would be best. In school they always taught is the R.I.C.E. method.
R - Rest the injury.
I - Ice the injury.
C - Compress the injury.
E - Elevate the injury above your heart.

Best to ice the injury right after working out or exercise. I know it's a pain in the ass to elevate and compress the injury. But atleast do the ice and ibuprofen
 
Naproxen and deca is what i'm using....I ripped a tendon in my right elbow...got 3 injections and decided these fuckers are just making money every time i step into there office....i'm on my 5th week and i fell no pain at all...
 
Cortizone is just temporary relief. Basically it doesn't do shit but hurt. rest it and at a later date hit some deca and practice good form on it and it should strengthen up quick.
 
Personally, I wouldn't touch cortisone except as a last resort. First, cortisone is a steroid, but it isn't a anabolic androgenic steroid, so it doesn't build muscle. It has the exact opposite effects. Here are a few excerpts on side effects of cortisone use. It is the last thing a bodybuilder should ever use.


As wonderful as cortisone is as a drug, there are some side-effects associated with its use. The major risk is the spread of bacterial infection due to diminished resistance. Depression and peptic ulcers occasionally occur. Psychic derangements may appear when cortisone is used, ranging from euphoria, insomnia, mood swings and personality changes, to frank psychotic manifestations. At high dosage, moon face and buffalo hump can also occur. In addition, cataracts and glaucoma may develop in predisposed patients if cortisone is used for a prolonged period of time.


Animal studies have shown effects of weakening of tendons and softening of cartilage with cortisone injections. Repeated cortisone injections multiply these effects and increase the risk of potential problems. This is the reason many physicians limit the number of injections they offer to a patient.
 
thunderterd said:
:wtf:
What the hell is that?
Moon face is common on about any corticosteroid. Prednisone is often a problem steroid for this effect, but your face gets very round and chubby and sometimes kind of a cherry red especially in your cheeks.
This is the first time I've ever heard of buffalo hump.
 
Thanx, Just going to rest it for another week and watch my upper body deflate...
but hey, this leaves me plenty of time for squats and abs!...
 
Ironaddict said:
Allow the area to heal a bit. And then try using deca not to mask but to help lubricate the tendon(s). I am confused usually bicep tendonitis is at the elbow joint. I guess it could also be at the front deltoid attatchment as well. But in any case use strict form and do not lock out your movements. Also heat cremes work. I would also start taking some creatine and glutamine right now as well. Bromelain works good for inflamation.

Yep....Bromelain....Good old Pineapple (or bromiliad plant species)! I am a bit confused as to why she would say Cortizone wont work, but then want you to tak Anti inflamitorys. I thought Cortizone was anti inflamitory (although through a different mechanism than say ibuprophen.)
 
Buffalo Hump

The Buffalo Hump is an accumulation of fat on the back of the neck and upper back. This condition can occur with oversecretion of cortisone by the adrenal gland, a condition called Cushing's syndrome.
 

Attachments

  • buffalo hump.jpg
    buffalo hump.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 15
Freejay, good comment but Bromelain helps to inhibit pro-inflammatory compounds, similar to non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs reducing swelling & pain without side effects. And unlike aspirin, bromelain doesn't inhibit the production of prostaglandins which can have undesirable side effects. One study of 700 patients - mostly firemen with injuries - the group taking the bromelain reported good or excellent results, healing in half the time as the non-bromelain group. Other trials with oral bromelain over a thirteen month period showed a good response in over 70% of the patients.
I would think anyone would agree they would rather take some pills than have a 18 gauge needle stuck into the site and have it hurt like hell. But in any event just trying to help.
 
deadlift said:
The Buffalo Hump is an accumulation of fat on the back of the neck and upper back. This condition can occur with oversecretion of cortisone by the adrenal gland, a condition called Cushing's syndrome.


That would suck.
 
So with a moon face and a buffalo hump, you would look like a combination of Santa Claus and Igor.
 
Deca Shot

Hey Bros, need some advice here. Ironaddict wrote:
" And then try using deca not to mask but to help lubricate the tendon(s)."
Well, I'm about to do that, just want to be sure I'm doing it correctly.
I know exactly where the spot is in my shoulder. I will then pop a 25Gx5/8
pin with 1ml of Deca300mg/ml into it and slowly plunge in the Deca to the spot...
Does that sound right?
Just checking,before diving in...