©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



I wanna learn poker

YYZgeddylee

New member
May 7, 2004
5
0
0
Can anyone recommend a good book or two.
I want to become an excellent poker player.
I realize it will take a couple years, but i'm willing.

I dont want a book of stories,
I need technique and strategy.
Just the fax ma'am.

YYZ
 
some of the the things i do:


  • try not to make too many facial expressions; if the had is shitty act the same way you would if it was a Royal Flush.
  • if it is tough for you to hide you expressions; hats and sunglasses help alot to cover it up.
  • try not to be repetitive; change up your betting style don't always go all in or be too conservative. and change this up randomly. if other players learn your habits you will not last long.
  • wear comfortable, breathable clothes; try to get comfortable (body temperature especially, you don't wanna sweat) right away.
  • know when to place your bet, raise or call, try to calculate the risk involved over the showing cards.
  • try to read the other players, they are trying to read you, notice movements they make if they play with their chips a certain way on certain hands etc.
  • PAY ATTENTION!!! never go out of turn, it will make you look eager; never get caught dozing off.
  • build up the pot, if you have a great hand but the pot is still weak, play it out a bit, don't raise it so high on you first turn that every one folds and all you win is the opening bets.
  • take your time before deciding to bet, raise or call.


i will add more as it comes to me :)
 
super system is an ok book, but playing like that doesnt cut it at the higher levels.
 
tordon said:
Use a p2p, you can find hundreds of ebooks on anything you ever wanted to know...... :sniper:

Super systems is a good book once you have read a basic book. I reccomend you read a basic poker book found at any book store on the basics then read super systems and caros book of tells is a great book also.
 
YYZgeddylee said:
Can anyone recommend a good book or two.
I want to become an excellent poker player.
I realize it will take a couple years, but i'm willing.

I dont want a book of stories,
I need technique and strategy.
Just the fax ma'am.

YYZ


If you want to learn about pocker then get the Pocker trainer!!
It's good.

 
if you want too learn you have too go out there and get your feet wet. you can have all the advice you want , but unless you do it you wont achieve a damn thing.. see if you ask how do you play we cant really help you... but if you play on pokerstars.com read a few books like supersystem and get a lil more advanced your start asking more questions like how tight should i bet against a agressive player..? how do i switch gears while in tournament play? im pretty good btw lol ... dont take it too offend you i been in 5 home games made 5 final tables and 4 cash prizes.. this is 25-30 man games on adverage... but i slowed damn alot of poker i cant sit in one spot for so long pisses me off. hf and enjoy