©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Vacuum pose

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I feel like bodybuilding started to go downhill when competitors quit doing stomach vacuums. I know there have been a few guys here and there that have kept it alive, but it’s definitely rare to see it on stage, especially at the highest weights. Honestly, I think the rise of the bubble guts and the swollen midsections seen on stages over the last decade or more can be attributed directly to the vacuum pose falling out of popularity.

The double bicep stomach vacuum should be a mandatory pose for every competitor, in all divisions, at every weight, including the Olympia. Change my mind.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
Practicing the vacuum while trying to grow and get huge while eating large amounts of foods is difficult at best. And if some one puts it of till they are in contest mode it is a pain to do and can be given up very easy.

unvme2

Dec 8, 2017
Vacuum pose will never be a mandatory since it never was a mandatory pose. It’s totally up to the athlete if he wants to do it or not.