©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

AnaSCI Movie Thread

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I think the beauty of mad max is that any critique one could make on the movie could also be seen as a artistic way to convey the post-apocalyptic-scorched-earth-nothing but pure survival mode atmosphere...so like the critiques are what makes the movie believable almost...not sure what I'm trying to say...it got 98% on rotten tomatoes...few few movies ever score that high, the missing 2% was for the cheesy 3d guitar scene lol

Last edited:

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Went and saw Man from UNCLE yesterday. Was a good movie overall.

The guy that plays Superman, played a good role of a GQ 60s spy! He was entertaining to watch. If they decide to make a sequel (because they set it up for one), I would go see it.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
also saw man from uncle last night...paid for a imax ticket for 15 bucks! and the subtitles were too big to read...would be a good film to see on a regular screen or movie tavern where you can have a drink...definitely entertaining and witty

Would love to get my hands on solo's wardrobe, had some nice suits!

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Saw "no escape" the other day, pretty entertaining...like a zombie movie with homocidal asian dudes instead of zombies

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I am watching the movie Annie and before that I was watching the Muppet movie
I need some adult time soon

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Just finished watching the second Maze Runner movie. Turning out to be a good series! Already ready to see the next one:food-smiley-007:

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Just finished watching the second Maze Runner movie. Turning out to be a good series! Already ready to see the next one:food-smiley-007:
I didn't think I would like the first one but I did. Look forward to seeing the 2nd.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I thought sicario would be better...

Same here. Didn't like it much at all.

Recently I've watched:

The Revenant - The best bear attack scene I have ever seen in a movie. One of the best animal attack scenes I've seen in a movie overall. Rest of the movie I felt was boring.

The Hateful Eight - Could have been a really good Tarantino movie. Once it started towards the end in my opinion it fell short.

Daddy's Home - Not a fan of Will Farrel but him and Wahlberg work well together. A lot of the movie was funny and I thought the ending with John Cena ended it good!

The Forest - Trailer was much better then the movie. Very boring imo.

Cabin Fever - Eli Roth reboot. Not much different then the original. Should have at least done something different with it?

Watching Deadpool now. A few minutes into it and it's already good. Funny and a lot of action!

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Bridge of Spies. Spielberg and Hanks. Of course it is epic because those two together are what movie making is all about. Big thumbs up!

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Just got back from Deadpool. Probably the best Marvel/superhero/mutant movie they've made thus far. Hilariously funny, great action sequences, tons of one-liners, and actually some good exposition establishing the backstory and helping to make an emotional connection between the characters and the audience.

In the future, they should make more of these types of movies with an R rating. I know they're afraid of losing money by limiting it with an R rating, but hopefully this one will show them that it can still pay off.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I watched Gods of Egypt last night. The movie kept me entertained. Nothing overly special but was a good watch.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Watched the new Superman/Batman movie last night.

I was a big fan of the first Superman movie (Canvil was a perfect pick for Superman). And between that and the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, those are my favorite comic book/super hero movies.

Was not a fan at all for this new movie! Very slow start, it took over an hour and a half just to get some action going and once it did get going it didn't live up to what was expected. I've enjoyed all of Synder's movies but this one wasn't worth the hype.

Glad I did not pay to see it!