©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

AnaSCI Movie Thread

theprince

Banned
Aug 5, 2014
Awesome summary Lil Sully, thanks for the feedback. I feel that the shoot em up action part was due to scarlett johanssen's role and as a female they had to make her seem badass. Look at her role in avengers, always whipping guys' asses every chance her character gets.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Just got back from watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Fantastic movie. Very funny, maybe the best special fx I've ever seen, excellent script, great casting, just an all around good time at the movies. I don't know if it was better than the Avengers, but it was up there in the same category. It's a must watch at the theater.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Watched Hercules. Wasn't anything special but I thought the humor in it was good.

GastrocGuy

Dec 28, 2012
Durrty South
Anyone see the movie with Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr?

The Judge was pretty good, I like Duvall and Downey as actors. The acting was typical Duvall and Downey material, I mean, you could see Iron Man/Sherlock moments in Downey's repertoire and classic Duvall mannerisms and dialogue.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Dracula Untold was also a good movie. I hope they make a second part.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Watched Girl Gone with the wife the other day...Man did that movie end fucking bad...Felt like I wasted my time watching it.....

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Watched a bunch of movies at the Firehouse lately. Can't even remember them all.

American Sniper- excellent movie, great acting, well shot, good script. Haven't read the book so don't know how it compares.

Hobbit, Battle Of the Five Armies- Good movie, not great, battle scenes are on an epic scale, didn't love the special fx on any of the 3 movies. Thought they could have been done better/differently.

The Equalizer- not a bad movie, but nothing new or special. If you've seen Man on Fire with Denzel, you've already seen this movie. Same script, same plot, same character even. It's a good mindless action flick, but nothing memorable.

Horrible Bosses 2- funny funny funny. Same damn movie as the first, and that works just fine in this case. The cast is hilarious, needed a little more of Jennifer Aniston, though. Love her character in both of these. It's a good laugh.

Dumb and Dumber Too- didn't get to watch the whole thing cuz I was cooking dinner for the guys, but laughed my ass off at what I did see. They made the same movie all over again, even the same jokes a few times, but it worked for me. The first one was a classic, this one comes just short of it. Very funny is stupid humor is your thing

Unbroken- great movie. Angelina Jolie did an excellent job directing. Good story, great acting, a must watch. Very inspiring tale of a true American Hero.

Mockingjay (Hunger Games)- solid flick, not quite as good as the previous 2. Seemed to be not quite a whole movie by itself, but just a 2 hour setup for the final movie in the series. Good action, good fx, and Jennifer Lawrence is hot as usual.

The Interview- really stupid, and really funny. I'm not a James Franco fan, but he was very funny in this. The guy that played Kim Jong-Un was excellent. The whole movie is ridiculous, and it should be. If you're a fan of stupid comedy, this is right up your alley.

Last edited:

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Went and saw Fast & Furious 7 last night. Good movie, non-stop action. Like the way they ended the movie with a tribute to Paul Walker!

If they do continue the series I am not sure it will be the same without him? Most likely be able to write him off easily though with him having the kid and all?

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Also saw Insurgent the other day. This series reminds me of another Hunger Games type? But I like this series much more then the Hunger Games!

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I went with my son to watch home last night. Truth be told I wanted to see it just as much as he did. Good father son time. Always needed. The movie wasn't great but it was good. I laughed a few times.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
saw furious 7, LOVED it, exactly what I want from a movie, to be entertained

saw EX MACHINA two nights in a row at alamo drafthouse (only 5 bucks and they serve alcohol lol) very cool independent film that will get ya thinking

went to see the avengers last night and fell asleep a couple times, boring as hell, too many characters or something...I may have just been way too high tho lol

Last edited:

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Watched Mad Max last night. Pretty damn good. No spoilers, but it's basically a 2 hour car chase movie. Really well shot, lots of love action SFX to go along with the CGI FX. Has the trademark Miller feel to it. Just a really good action movie. Definitely one that needs to be seen in the theater. Only bad thing was a shot toward the end that was one of those gratuitous 3D effect shots that was only there to show off the 3D. It's unnecessary, and takes away from the flow of the movie, especially when it's not viewed in 3D.

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
Watched Mad Max last night. Pretty damn good. No spoilers, but it's basically a 2 hour car chase movie. Really well shot, lots of love action SFX to go along with the CGI FX. Has the trademark Miller feel to it. Just a really good action movie. Definitely one that needs to be seen in the theater. Only bad thing was a shot toward the end that was one of those gratuitous 3D effect shots that was only there to show off the 3D. It's unnecessary, and takes away from the flow of the movie, especially when it's not viewed in 3D.
Also saw mad max today. I really enjoyed it! Not sure I know exactly what the hell it was about but it was a fucking awesome movie.