©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bad injection

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Hey guys. I've been pinning for 6 years now. Never one problem. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399442278.127690.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399442293.643658.jpgRight now, I have an infection in my right quad from a bad pin last week. I always follow sterile procedures, but after thousands, I got bit.
Quad was swollen all week. Tonight after work, I drew probably 6 ml of puss, blood, and fluid from the abscess. I am going to the doc tomorrow to get antibiotics. The reason I'm posting this is to remind y'all to stay vigilant about sterility.
These two pics are of my leg and the first syringe of infection I drew out. The pic of the quad was 2 days ago, it was much worse tonight before I drained it.
I'm gonna let y'all know what kind of antibiotics doc prescribes me, do maybe y'all can keep some on hand in case this happens to you guys.

Last edited:

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Yeah. Pretty much. My wife is insisting I go see the doc. I'm gonna go to please her. I wanted to wait a few more days, but can't deal with her fussing at me. Haha. She says she sees a red ring around the swelling.

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Dude I had one a few years back that I actually let get so infected that I got sick had to have them cut out and packed with gauze for a couple weeks. Yea make sure to follow proper sterile procedures. And I said them because the gear I had actually caused it to happen twice. It was pretty bad and yes if its warm to the touch there's an infection do not let it get any worse go to the doc and have it taken care of ASAP.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I am, Phoe. Thanks for the heads up. I think it's a minor infection, but no sense in playing games

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yea mine was hot to the touch felt like I had the flu. Didn't wanna get out of bed slept all day to say the least I was really lucky I went when I did. This type of shit ain't nothing to mess with and I hope all the newbies learn from our lessons. I have to scars in the same exact spots on both arms weird huh to the normal person.

Thanks for posting this might help someone out in the future.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I had one just last year in my tricep. I was able to hide it from my wife by wearing oversized shirts.

I didn't screw around. As soon as it turned red I went to the doc.

Said I had cellulitis. She actually told me that she had it once from a flu shot given to her by a health professional. So shit happens sometimes even when you take proper precaution.

Anyway, mine cleared up in about a week on antibiotics. Drug was Cephlexin.

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
So what are you going to tell the doctors? I had an issue years ago which was non steroid related. I still told them about my aas use because I was having major kidney problems. In the end, they were nice enough to put I abused aas on my medical record.

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
tell them you were working on some old construction and got a rusty nail in the leg about a week ago, that will keep them from tagging you as a user. sorry to hear about this but glad you are getting it squared away. best of luck brother!

VP

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
tell them you were working on some old construction and got a rusty nail in the leg about a week ago, that will keep them from tagging you as a user. sorry to hear about this but glad you are getting it squared away. best of luck brother!

VP

Thats what I told my doc when that happened to me years back. He didnt blimk an eye. Hope it clears up quick!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Cephlexin or whatever antibiotic Chris gets is going in my "kit" if I can find them. I hate going to the docs!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Chris, I'm glad you're not waiting any longer to see the doc. Infection is never anything to mess around with! You referred to this as a minor infection...I've been "bit" too...That's not minor when you're filling syringes with blood and puss! I wish I could remember the antibiotic I was given, but it was a couple of years ago.

custom

Apr 8, 2014
Chris your wife is giving you great advice...see a doctor asap. The amount of puss in the pic above leads me to believe that it is not a small infection. My buddy had the same thing and let it go to long they didnt cut it out but they sent him home with a drain connected to his quad and he had to drain it himself for 2 days. Not a fun thing trust me. I hope it didnt get that far already. Good luck bro and feel better.

GastrocGuy

Dec 28, 2012
Durrty South
chrisr116 definitely knows his shit, no doubt! Thanks for sharing on the board, bro! I would tell the doctor it was a B12 shot. The rusty nail story will get you a extra tetanus pin, lol.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Drop the suspension chris. Its like a lottery , u can get a good pin and a bad pin looks like u need a lottery ticket cause u won a bad one. Doxicyelin should be kept on hand .. you guys need to keep some on hand of the kind you are not allergic too.
fish antibiotics. Anyone working in a dirty environment should bandaid up a quad shot cause shit goes through clothing.. I thought as u get older u get smarter? :)

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Drop the suspension chris. Its like a lottery , u can get a good pin and a bad pin looks like u need a lottery ticket cause u won a bad one. Doxicyelin should be kept on hand .. you guys need to keep some on hand of the kind you are not allergic too.
fish antibiotics. Anyone working in a dirty environment should bandaid up a quad shot cause shit goes through clothing.. I thought as u get older u get smarter? :)

Yep, I dropped the suspension after that. It was a shot of suspension, cyp, and dhb. I'm gonna keep antibiotics on hand after this. Live and learn. At the doc right now