©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Coached by Bleu Taylor

TripleOvertime

Donating Member
May 27, 2017
I'e been in a coma for 14 days and just now been out of it for a week now. I wish I could say I'm fine and doing well but I can't. My abbs bust and I was rushed to ICU and operated on less than a half hour from arrival. I'm doing my best to learn how to take are of myself again. Bless my wife's heart. She spent every dy and night in ICU with me. She would talk to me amd hold my hands. I'm so tired, I must cut this short. When I have energy I will return to the thread. God bless...…………..

I'm sorry to hear that CG, but I am glad you are here to tell us the story. Best of luck with your recovery. We will be here when you are ready to return.

danieltx

Donating Member
Jun 12, 2018
Concreteguy - I'm glad you were well enough to come give us an update. Best wishes to you and your wife through this recovery. We're all here to support you.

SOUR DIESEL

Mar 19, 2018
I'e been in a coma for 14 days and just now been out of it for a week now. I wish I could say I'm fine and doing well but I can't. My abbs bust and I was rushed to ICU and operated on less than a half hour from arrival. I'm doing my best to learn how to take are of myself again. Bless my wife's heart. She spent every dy and night in ICU with me. She would talk to me amd hold my hands. I'm so tired, I must cut this short. When I have energy I will return to the thread. God bless...…………..

^^^been watchin' this thread ..thank you for mustering up the energy to post, the event was serious
^^^we were all very concerned cuz we knew that it had to be something major to sideline you

take your time & remember to go easy with yourself brother

BEASTZ6

Jan 31, 2013
I am glad you posted up CG. We were very worried about you, because you are not the kind of guy to go dark on this forum. Get plenty of rest. God bless.

Thermo

Donating Member
Feb 11, 2019
East Coast
CG - Im a 1 State neighbor, if you need anything, let me know... Its good to have you back, my prayers are with you all.

dtel450

Feb 10, 2017
cg - sorry to hear about this, i hope you get well soon and can come back even stronger once you are recovered, wishing you the best in getting back to usual asap.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
It's not looking too promising at this time. I'm on pain meds 80% of the time and have gained no weight since getting home. So depressing guys.

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
It's not looking too promising at this time. I'm on pain meds 80% of the time and have gained no weight since getting home. So depressing guys.
Sorry to hear it brother.

Be easy with those pain pills..... That's a slippery slope.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm now off all pain meds :). However there are still times I feel pain badly.

I have gained back 13lbs and still look like a P.O.W. My Dr still wont clear me for returning to training. I'm allowed to ride a bike and walk a tread mill only. My strength is coming back and now don't look for spots to sit down while my wife is shopping. Im chomping at the bit to start training. I'm still off everything NOT even HRT levels. Believe it or not my test level was 1300 two weeks ago. How the hell is that even possible? I had a blood test done a month and a half ago and it was the same...……….go figure.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa

I have gained back 13lbs and still look like a P.O.W. My Dr still wont clear me for returning to training. I'm allowed to ride a bike and walk a tread mill only. My strength is coming back and now don't look for spots to sit down while my wife is shopping. Im chomping at the bit to start training. I'm still off everything NOT even HRT levels. Believe it or not my test level was 1300 two weeks ago. How the hell is that even possible? I had a blood test done a month and a half ago and it was the same...……….go figure.

danieltx

Donating Member
Jun 12, 2018
Glad to hear you've gained some weight, are feeling a bit better, and taking thing slow. It's hard for guys like us to do that because we're so driven, so determined to reach our goals. The weight's aren't going anywhere - they'll be ready for you when you're ready for them.

montego

Feb 19, 2018

Awesome news man.

Keep following the Dr advice and take it slow.

Btw, what exactly happened?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Montego, I cut and pasted this from the VIP area.

I went in for emergency bowel obstruction. The procedure went ok and I was on my way to recovery. Five days after the first operation our of nowhere my abbs started just filling with blood. Th emisintary lining in my stomach burst from inflammation. Dr Turnner, performed my first surgery. He saw what was going on and contacted the rapid response team at St marys to have me air lifted to the University of Penn in Philly. The rapid response team inspected me and my vitals and determined I didnt have enough time for the air lift and another surgery had to be performed ASAP to stop the bleeding. They found the problems and fixed them. The problem was my abbs were so swollen they couldn't close me up. So here's the kicker. They put me into an induced coma for 14 days. This was so the swelling could go down and then close me.

A coma is nothing like sleeping. For me it was endless nightmares that just kept playing over and over. There was nothing familiar in them and I knew none. Thing is, I knew I was lost and kept trying to call out to my wife for help.

They had me on this white stuff that looked like milk as a food supply for the IV. This has all but destroyed my body. My glutes are literally gone. It's hard to believe so much damage can take place in such a short window. it's as if my body just ate it's self up. I still have a drain in my abbs that's coming out next wed. The doctor said this entire event had nothing to do with all the gear I was on and it may have even helped me. Go figure. They gave me an entire run up and my heart and kidneys are in crazy good condition. Can you imagine.

I appreciate all of your concern guys. I really do.
d2r2ddd likes this.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa

I went in for emergency bowel obstruction. The procedure went ok and I was on my way to recovery. Five days after the first operation our of nowhere my abbs started just filling with blood. Th emisintary lining in my stomach burst from inflammation. Dr Turnner, performed my first surgery. He saw what was going on and contacted the rapid response team at St marys to have me air lifted to the University of Penn in Philly. The rapid response team inspected me and my vitals and determined I didnt have enough time for the air lift and another surgery had to be performed ASAP to stop the bleeding. They found the problems and fixed them. The problem was my abbs were so swollen they couldn't close me up. So here's the kicker. They put me into an induced coma for 14 days. This was so the swelling could go down and then close me.

A coma is nothing like sleeping. For me it was endless nightmares that just kept playing over and over. There was nothing familiar in them and I knew none. Thing is, I knew I was lost and kept trying to call out to my wife for help.

They had me on this white stuff that looked like milk as a food supply for the IV. This has all but destroyed my body. My glutes are literally gone. It's hard to believe so much damage can take place in such a short window. it's as if my body just ate it's self up. I still have a drain in my abbs that's coming out next wed. The doctor said this entire event had nothing to do with all the gear I was on and it may have even helped me. Go figure. They gave me an entire run up and my heart and kidneys are in crazy good condition. Can you imagine.

d2r2ddd likes this.

montego

Feb 19, 2018

d2r2ddd likes this.
Jesus.

That's one of the scariest things I can imagine happening.

My mom was in induced Coma early this year for 5 days due to sepsis. She had very much the same experience as you with the nightmares.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Jesus.

That's one of the scariest things I can imagine happening.

My mom was in induced Coma early this year for 5 days due to sepsis. She had very much the same experience as you with the nightmares.

That's very interesting. Would be interesting to talk with her about what she experienced. I have heard all these near death experiences about a long tunnel and a light at the end and so on...………. Absolutely none of that crap happened with me. Just endless night mares. I was even picking up stuff off the TV in my room and converting them into scary shit. I know this from telling my wife about the dreams and her confirming they where on the TV.

I had several dreams where my wife would say "don't worry honey everything will be OK". My wife told me she would rub my arm and tell me this several times a day the entire time I was under. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Guys I'm going back for a check up tomorrow. With luck he will sign off on letting me return to training.

SOUR DIESEL

Mar 19, 2018
Guys I'm going back for a check up tomorrow. With luck he will sign off on letting me return to training.

^^^right on brother, i hope you get what you want

..take it slow if they do ..but yeah, keep moving forward :headbang: