©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Election,

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
It comes down to two choices,

1-Liberals- Well they are crooks and this has been proven in the sponsorship scandal,

2-Consevitives- I just can’t get excited about Harpor I think he just doesn’t have what it takes to run the country,

NDP - have a proven track record of fucking things up more then the two parties above.

Green party - Well I can agree with allot of what they stand for but essentially they would screw up Canada if they got in power,

What to do? What are your thoughts?

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Agreed. That's the problem in Canada.....we always vote to get somebody out, not get someone we actually want in. This recent election call is a complete, utter fucking waste of time! The results will be the same because the East will never be progressive enough to vote conservative. What a waste of money and time. It'll be another Liberal minority gov't and we'll be in the same boat as we are now. THey should've made Peter McKay the head of the Conservatives, then they'd have a chance.

Captain Canuck

Oct 9, 2005
Up North
www.musclemaniax.com
max lift when the Liberals speak, this is my interpretation. " You're dumb, we are smart. Let us handle the money."
This is their response to any suggestion of allowing Canadians more say in how our tax dollars are used.
But what do I know about politics, duh...let's go buy a case of beer... ;)

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
Captain Canuck said:
max lift when the Liberals speak, this is my interpretation. " You're dumb, we are smart. Let us handle the money."
This is their response to any suggestion of allowing Canadians more say in how our tax dollars are used.
But what do I know about politics, duh...let's go buy a case of beer... ;)

I agree,

I do value my right to vote and feel that we should all use this right , with that said I dont have a clue where to put said vote this time around

MR .T

Jul 26, 2005
Ontario
I dont remember the ndp being in power but i like what they stand for. The liberials seem to want the rich to get richer and the conservitives are just too conservative. The ndp seems like the working mans party to me.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
MR .T said:
I dont remember the ndp being in power but i like what they stand for. The liberials seem to want the rich to get richer and the conservitives are just too conservative. The ndp seems like the working mans party to me.
You gotta be shitting me. Why the hell would you want a communist / NDP government that takes away all incentives for productivity. Corporations and high-income earning individuals must prosper to pay taxes and support the rest of the nation. With the NDP, we'd all be fucking broke, or at least all making the same modest salary and giving to ingenious programs like the fucking gun registry!

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Why not have a democracy. We get to go blow shit up when we damn well please.

Democracies have thier issues too.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
KILLA said:
Why not have a democracy. We get to go blow shit up when we damn well please.

Democracies have thier issues too.
Not sure where you're from Killa, or if you're just joking. However, please note that Canada is a democratic nation.

MR .T

Jul 26, 2005
Ontario
I'm not saying that I agree 100% with evrything they believe in just that I think they are better than the liberals or conservatives. They are hardly a comunist government the D means Democratic. NDP is very popular in the western provences.

Captain Canuck

Oct 9, 2005
Up North
www.musclemaniax.com
MR .T said:

When Bob Ray and the NDP where in power they almost kill Ontario. With all the government programs there was too much money that went in to hospitals and welfare and schools.

Don’t get me wrong they are good programs and we need then. But when your country ranks the highest out of the big 10 for social program and welfare also you have the smallest population you just can’t run the country that way. The job rate was at an all time high and if we did not change to the Liberals at that time. Canada would start to look like a 3rd world country.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Finally, a conservative government (sort of)!! Now we'll really hear all the pussies in Quebec crying. Fuck their 'distinct society'....Alberta's oil is what makes the country work.

faller

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
near you
hey everyone just signed up, first post..great to have a canadian thread.

this is for all you the commy lovin ndp'ers.
out here in good old b.c. ndp stands for " no damned progress".

and believe me we know, we just went through 2 terms of the ndp and it broke our provence,not to mention bankrupting my buisness,and i wasn't a "wealthy" canadian getting wealthier. had a little pub and restrante and motel, makeing a modest liveing.

so any scumbag that thinks that the ndp is for the "working man" is delutional.

but there was a silver lineing, my wife and i moved on, pulled our boot straps up and are makeing more money than ever, so in your face pinko's.

umm,,,, sorry for ranting.it's all good now. just get a little riled(sp) when i here someone beaking off bout the virtues of a party that is so damned EVIL.

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
Whoa buddy your scaring me! I am from BC, moved out 6 and a half years ago, as you said the economy was shit, which is largly to be blamed on the NDP's policies. Now the idea of social justice is an appealing one (we all want to live in Utopia), but in a world based upon mass accumulation it is not a realistic one. Humanities nature is greed! It is a survival instinct, when tough times come those with the most are the ones that survive. That being said, what happens to those that have little? The nice thing about Canadian politics (if there is such a thng as nice in politics) is the large representation of choice. We have the full spectrum (albiet all are middle of the road) from left to right. Maybe we all don't agree with different sides of the spectrum, but at least we have a choice! Although I would not like to see the NDP in power they are a good counter force to make sure policies of one party do not dominate all!

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I have lost a lot of faith in our politicians in the last few years and I for one am sitting back and hope to be pleasantly surprised by those who have power now ,
It should be interesting to see if the west has a bit more pull with Alberta's and BC booming economies and with the worlds eyes on us for the upcoming 2010 olympics

faller

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
near you
the economy was shit, which is largly to be blamed on the NDP's policies. ![/QUOTE]

umm "largly to be blamed on the NDP's policies"?. it was due to 100% of the ndp's policy. no disrespect bro but you say you moved here 6 yr.s ago so you came into the picture at the tale end of the crash. i watched the ndp institute one desatoures policy after another. imo some of their policies were downright criminal. they managed to alianate every secture of the provence,from the "wealthy", right down to the unions. how else do you go from a magority gov. to two seats.

Granted their second term came about simply because we had two right leaning party's that split the vote in half and the ndp ended up with only 32% of the vote, and in their arrogance they treated that as an overwellming mandate, which at 32% would hardly be constituted a mandate.