©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

For all the Bill Nye and science lovers out there

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Common sense would say if part of the Bible is wrong then all of it is wrong since it is all tied together or its all correct it cannot be both

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
So everything the Bible says it true, no matter what the evidence says? Sounds a little radical to me.

You got it brutha. We live in radical times. Look around. Do you think things are really getting better? I don't know how old you are, but when I was a kid, things were definitely better. There is a thing called the "end-days." If you are saying that I should only believe part of the Bible, and not the other parts, you are saying God is only half-right. That doesn't jive with me. Remember, our ancestors either believed the whole enchilada or they didn't. There were no exemptions handed out to fit one's lifestyle choices.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
So do you both believe the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around us instead of the other way around? Because that's what the Bible says.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
A literal translation of the scriptures, the way Christians have believed since the beginning versus the new age, hippie, anything goes, there is no sin or accountability for your actions "Christian." You are right though about the majority of Christianity being this way now. That's just a reflection of how degenerate our society as a whole has become.

Not true, Eastern Orthodox and early Church fathers thought Genesis was to extreme to be a literal fact. Eastern fathers thought Revelations shouldn't be included in the cannon as common people would take it literally.

Even the Jews as far back as Josephus new that parts of the Torah weren't literal.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
You got it brutha. We live in radical times. Look around. Do you think things are really getting better? I don't know how old you are, but when I was a kid, things were definitely better. There is a thing called the "end-days." If you are saying that I should only believe part of the Bible, and not the other parts, you are saying God is only half-right. That doesn't jive with me. Remember, our ancestors either believed the whole enchilada or they didn't. There were no exemptions handed out to fit one's lifestyle choices.

Yu are right on the moral accountability. But religious traditions and theology can not be summed up as easy a Western view of an Eastern religion.

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
So do you both believe the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around us instead of the other way around? Because that's what the Bible says.

The earth is actually described as a sphere. I know the Catholic church taught that the earth was flat, but that's not in the Bible. You are simply stating reasons not to believe, probably something you heard some non-believing liberal say. It boils down to this, you either believe or you don't. I do understand your points and science is important, don't get me wrong. But you must understand that the Great Deceiver is at work day and night and he's trying to take as many as he can with him. Thank you as this turned out to be a great debate as well!

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Yu are right on the moral accountability. But religious traditions and theology can not be summed up as easy a Western view of an Eastern religion.

How is Christianity an Eastern religion? Israel is very western and at one time all of Europe was heavily Christian. Christianity has never been too successful in the east. Even now, you can be killed in China, Burma, etc. for spreading the gospel.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Biggest issue the bible has is human interpretation both in the writing as well as the comprehension. The bible most of us know and have read out of is the king james version. Its not a complete work of all the scriptures just the ones king james and his councel deemed appropriate to be called " the bible" its very well known that kings, world leaders, extreemists and even " the church" have twisted and skeewed gods word to meet their own needs and desires throughout history as well as present day why do you think there are soooo many different christian religions why do you think the attrocities of the cruesades happened i mean for fuck sakes any kind of war and killing with religion as its cause goes against damn near every religion on the planet and is about as backassward as it gets. Thing about it is that no one on this planet knows for sure thats why we have faith faith in our god.... faith that what we do from day to day is based on our gods design and we are doing as we should and thats all we have brothers like it or dont religion as we know has almost been destroyed by us as people and our interpretation of it.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Isaiah 11:12, Revelations 7:1, Job 38:13, Jeremiah 16:19, Daniel 4:11, and Matthew 4:8 all indicate that the people who wrote those books in the Bible believed the earth the be flat. I can also post all of the verses where the Bible says that the sun rotated around the earth if you like. And what verses do you know of Dorian where the bible says the earth was a sphere? And also I believe this is a great debate. Very civil.

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Isaiah 11:12, Revelations 7:1, Job 38:13, Jeremiah 16:19, Daniel 4:11, and Matthew 4:8 all indicate that the people who wrote those books in the Bible believed the earth the be flat. I can also post all of the verses where the Bible says that the sun rotated around the earth if you like. And what verses do you know of Dorian where the bible says the earth was a sphere? And also I believe this is a great debate. Very civil.

Isaiah 40:22 God is said to "sit above the circle of the earth." And by the way, I am very thankful for science. The anabolics that flow through my veins can be attributed to science. God provided the raws though.:headbang:

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
And Isreal is a country in the Middle East.

Israel is on the Mediterranean Sea and all the people that live on that sea used to be European/Caucasian including even North Africa.To me, that's Western. I think of Asians when I hear the term Eastern. So I realize that they are lumped in with the Middle East, but I hardly accept that theory.

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
I didn't know that Earth was a circle? I'm pretty sure it's a sphere. Cookies are circles. O = Circle

The Hebrew word for circle is the same as sphere. Google it while you make yourself some cookies. Hey bring me some too! Hope you got chocolate chip.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Ah. I thought we were going to be civil AM. So since you are Bible literalist do you believe that the sun revolves around the earth?
And Dorian, I'm just saying Isreal is classified as a middle eastern country. I'm not the one who classified it