©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How many of your gym rat buddies are "on"?

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
So, my buddy sent me an article from t nation where they interviewed a life time user aka Johnny Juicer. He is a pler apparently and while I believed hime to be very candid. He thought only the top 10-15% of the top 100 lifters were on.

To this I thought in my mind that all but two of the plers I know are on and every bber competitor I know is "on". Now, only about 30% of the local fym rats are on and most of them have competed. The majority of those who do it for fun do not, but as soon as they decide to compete everything changes unless they are entering a drug free event.

So, what about your rat buddies? And the guys who compete? 10-15% seams way low.

Hawk

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Seams extremely low to me as well. The ones I know who compete I'd say more like 75-85% is a lot more fair to say

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Only 15% are on. Another interesting fact is 85% of lifters are liars, lol. Not sure what is with the secrecy, legalities or morally or whatever, it is just rarely admitted. I can't say much, as I am the same way. I think that is why I like the board so much. We all discuss openly about it which is something you just don't get in day to day life.

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
When I look around my gym I can usually spot those that are def "on" and then there are those that may or may not be.

I am finding that more and more physique guys are on but do not always look like they are. They seem to run lower doses and love their Var and PH/DS.

I'd say 15% are absolutely on. 15-30% in the maybe maybe not range.

Edumacated guesstimate is scientifically wild accurate guess.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
when I was in college I think 75% were on, and 25% just had bunk gear haha...or that's what it felt like at least....now 4 years after graduating living in the suburbs of a major city...I'd say 50% of they dudes at my 24 hour are on or have been on before...

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Well since I train alone and don't have any lifting friends around me my only gym rat buddies I chat with are from here so I have to say 100% :)

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
I think that it is a lot higher than that but aas is something I don't talk about to anyone period in person.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Well since I train alone and don't have any lifting friends around me my only gym rat buddies I chat with are from here so I have to say 100% :)

My exact scenario too...the few i see in there every so often tho def arent on anything

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
I point out people Every where I go... my wife is amazed. You know because you know the look... puffy bloat, grainy dryness, super pumps, a frame on a dude that doesn't look natural. Tempers give it away too. I'd bet its more like 20% gym rats, 15% college students in sports and w.e. else in the professional market. Not including the dr. Prescribed low test users.

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
I point out people Every where I go... my wife is amazed. You know because you know the look... puffy bloat, grainy dryness, super pumps, a frame on a dude that doesn't look natural. Tempers give it away too. I'd bet its more like 20% gym rats, 15% college students in sports and w.e. else in the professional market. Not including the dr. Prescribed low test users.

So what about Mike O'Hearn?

zman12

Jan 24, 2013
There is not that many who compete in my gym but a few that I think they are on some do not even look like it. They have poor diets and training habits.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Like a couple of you, I'm flying solo in the gym. Plus, my gym is really not any kind of hardcore or even serious gym, either. No competitors, no powerlifters. Mostly old people and women. There might be 2 or 3 guys I've seen that could be on, but it would be complete speculation.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
On what?? Not to sound naive but I hope you are not referring to those performance enhancing chemicals -- an illegal process known world wide as doping! Um if thats what you meant I'm pretty sure no one has touched the stuff in the gym I train in. If i see that kind of mischief i'm gonna sit em down for talk about why they use them even if its none of my fucking business and why they should indeed kick the shit out of me all the way to my car for getting in their business
Not only that but the PDR stated over and over for decades the warning steroids do not increase or enhance athletic ability ..
I would say that many gyms I've trained in in years gone by had about 90%
on and 10% here and gone not on . Some hard core gyms had almost no one on for 1 good reason THERE WAS NO SHIT AVAILABLE! That was Thee only reason. Bad part is 80% of the guys that use nowadays are straight up fucking pussies in the gym,. A whole fucking army of hey I have some pecs and delts and arms ---- you mean there are muscles in the back too???!
Why train legs I have some nice pants and long shorts . FUCKING PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If it don't apply let fly. If it upsets you well look at the last two words before the exclamation marks and be sure to tell us here so you won't get mistaken for the let it fly group.
J/K I 'm sure I know of no one involved in that social scourge/
T

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
I'm in a small town. There's a small percent of guys who juice, maybe 10-15%. No one competes in any form.

The sad part, I just took a 7 month break from diet and gym. The same guys haven't grown one bit. None of them push, it's just a social event.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
I travel a lot for work and am in different areas for months at a time but where ever I go I find a gym the day after arriving and go from there. Currently at a planet fitness not sure if it's even considered a gym by y'all's standards (cheapest membership and no contract). Maybe one or two are on other than that none. I am just starting my first cycle so they can't tell I'm on yet. After June there will probably be speculation.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Some times you have to do what you have to do to train. Pipeliner does one oak
williams or Magellen sound familiar? I was a pipeline employee some years back.
I had the cush job though at a terminal doing over night pumps . 1.2 million gallons of BP premium please.... When you are in spots where you can get in a good gym do so. Planet fitness may show you the door if you grunt ,sweat fart , or gaze at some sweet poon... Good luck bu. What area of tX you outta?
Thanks , T.......