©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How many of your gym rat buddies are "on"?

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Bad part is 80% of the guys that use nowadays are straight up fucking pussies in the gym,. A whole fucking army of hey I have some pecs and delts and arms ---- you mean there are muscles in the back too???!
Why train legs I have some nice pants and long shorts . FUCKING PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If it don't apply let fly. If it upsets you well look at the last two words before the exclamation marks and be sure to tell us here so you won't get mistaken for the let it fly group.
J/K I 'm sure I know of no one involved in that social scourge/
T

Why ya gotta pick on and call out Iron Built like that ? :D
He is just old and forgets to trains legs and back

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
@turbobusa one oak is still goin from what I know of I'm outta south texas about an hour south east of San Antonio. Currently out in west texas in the midland odessa area. They got a new play out here that's starting to open up so I got in on it before everyone from the south on the eagle ford play decided to head this way.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
And yeah the planet fitness mentality definitely is not for me. It pisses me off....no squat racks, bench press, incline rack nothing, just a lot of cable machines and two smith machines which suck for bench of squat cause you lose the stabilizer muscles. I push pretty hard and for the most part people just stare a little (I'm not big but I have a big presence naturally)

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
So, my buddy sent me an article from t nation where they interviewed a life time user aka Johnny Juicer. He is a pler apparently and while I believed hime to be very candid. He thought only the top 10-15% of the top 100 lifters were on.

To this I thought in my mind that all but two of the plers I know are on and every bber competitor I know is "on". Now, only about 30% of the local fym rats are on and most of them have competed. The majority of those who do it for fun do not, but as soon as they decide to compete everything changes unless they are entering a drug free event.

So, what about your rat buddies? And the guys who compete? 10-15% seams way low.

Hawk

My gym is very commercial with all types. Out of the men I would sat at least 50% are on. This is from hundreds of people too. I get asked about aas all the time.

Out of my mates (not counting work mates) I would say 90% are using. Pretty much all of my close mates use aas.

Competitors in PL and BB... I would say at least 80%... depends what level etc. At a high level I would say that is more 99.9%.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I think it depends on the gym and the state you're in- back in San Diego- maybe 50% of the gym rats.. Here in North Carolina- maybe 20%

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I think it depends on the gym and the state you're in- back in San Diego- maybe 50% of the gym rats.. Here in North Carolina- maybe 20%

Here in NE Ohio, maybe 5%. My small town (10,000ppl) I only know of a few individuals on. And there's only a couple gyms so word spreads fast around here. You fuck up and get put in the paper and the whole town knows about it. Yes, I have been talked about several times.lol

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Around here it really depends on the gym you go to.

Even Golds has 5 locations and the crowds are different at each one.

Some 24hr Fitness places are packed with young guys that are on, others are truly "fitness" Meccas with yoga and spin groupies.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
My gym is very commercial with all types. Out of the men I would sat at least 50% are on. This is from hundreds of people too. I get asked about aas all the time.

Out of my mates (not counting work mates) I would say 90% are using. Pretty much all of my close mates use aas.

Competitors in PL and BB... I would say at least 80%... depends what level etc. At a high level I would say that is more 99.9%.

That's along the lines I had stated. If guys compete they are usually on something. Gym rats less so but still there are plenty.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Here in NE Ohio, maybe 5%. My small town (10,000ppl) I only know of a few individuals on. And there's only a couple gyms so word spreads fast around here. You fuck up and get put in the paper and the whole town knows about it. Yes, I have been talked about several times.lol

I feel yah, when I was back east in a town of 30K word would spread fast about such things and availability was low. In Kansas City no one cares and availability is high.

Hawk

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
One thing I've noticed about California is that there is usually a "serious gym/ hardcore " in every city big and small. This is where all the serious lifters/ competitors and juice heads go. I haven't so much noticed this trend in other states.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
One thing I've noticed about California is that there is usually a "serious gym/ hardcore " in every city big and small. This is where all the serious lifters/ competitors and juice heads go. I haven't so much noticed this trend in other states.

I used to belong to one of those tiny, hole in the wall, dungeon like gyms. It closed up years ago, man do I miss it:(

georgeinaltus

Jan 3, 2013
Nice to see some more NC fans in here!! Im in Fayetteville and use the base gyms on Ft Bragg. Would not even want to speculate the percentage on base juicing, would be mind blowing.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012

Midwest is pretty heavy on hardcore spots Illinois has quite a few.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Why ya gotta pick on and call out Iron Built like that ? :D
He is just old and forgets to trains legs and back

Ha ha lol gotta like that one. Will say IB has a stout back though.
We will be checking out some leg work when warm weather comes .
T