©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

is HDL really that important?

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
theres an interesting thread over at PM about this and it kinda shines a different perspective from what we've heard in the past. basically the argument is ldl and not letting it get too high is more important than raising hdl.

now ive googled around and found some good reads on this as well. now im sure these write-ups arent taking into account ppl using PED'S, but still its intriguing nonetheless

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
The ratio is more important than the actual numbers themselves. You can have really low LDL but if your HDL is only slightly above that the. You're also in danger. So the spam between the two numbers is the more I portent aspect of the HDL/LDL concept.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Apparently studies on hdl are blurred. There is no proof having high hdl benefits you in any way. This is according to the thread on pm;)

As I said tho if you google this topic it reiterates what is being talked about in that thread. Food for thought anyhow...

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for the link.

These 2 sentences jumped right out at me when I read this

Kathiresan tells WebMD that HDL remains an important tool for assessing*heart disease*risk, but he says the new research raises even more questions about the benefits of taking drugs to raise HDL levels.

"HDL levels are related to risk, but that doesn't mean that raising HDL is beneficial," he says.

having low hdl number puts one at a greater risk of heart disease. And that taking drugs to raise hdl may nit be beneficial. Healthy hdl levels have a lot to do with genetics and can be kept in a healthy range with diet, exercise and some supplements.

vikingquest

Jan 21, 2012
What is the best way to raise Hdl? Mines like 15. I've been eating avocados, macadamia nut oil, olive oil, grapes, niacin (the kind that flushes), metamucil and trying to eat more fish but take fish oil pills because I hate fish lol

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
touche DUD. i guess i could of worded it better. so we can agree hdl is a marker we should watch, but raising it doesnt necessarily benefit you

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
What is the best way to raise Hdl? Mines like 15. I've been eating avocados, macadamia nut oil, olive oil, grapes, niacin (the kind that flushes), metamucil and trying to eat more fish but take fish oil pills because I hate fish lol

cardio my friend

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013

All of those supplements will do little to nothing to help your cholesterol when youre on cycle.

cardio my friend

LOL, yeah right. Maybe a little.

anytime man

yea i remember before even starting aas my hdl was lower than normal...so im guessing i could have genetically lower hdl :banghead:

well if youre taking orals or tren and have a naturally low hdl to start then your shit is probably in the toilet year round. You are a future heart attack victim.

The best way to correct cholesterol is to get OFF GEAR altogether. If youre on trt then thats fine as long as you dont cheat. IF YOU CRUISE, YOUR CHOLESTEROL WILL NOT RECOVER!!!

I ran 350 tren, 350 test and 400 mast for 2 months. Thats 1100mgs of gear. Post cycle, i dropped down to 300-350mgs a week and cruised for 5 months (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT, 5 MONTHS), i ran niacin, tons of fish oil, tons of vitamin e, olive oil, tons of cardio, ate good etc and my lipids came back shitty.

Went from an 18hdl to a 21. Ldl went from 185 to 175 all after 5 months! As soon as i went to a true trt dose of 150mgs/week my cholesterol recovered in about 45 days.

IMO, cholesterol is the number 1 worst side effect of gear.

If you run orals, you are a dumbass, if you run prohormones you are an even bigger dumbass. If you run tren, expect similar lipids as if you ran an oral. If you kickstart a cycle with 3-4 weeks worth of orals, your hdl has dropped from normal to the low 20's or even the teens by the time youre done with ur 4 week kickstart and it will stay there for the remainder of your cycle.

Dont get me wrong, there are some freaks out there who can maintain decent cholesterol numbers on cycle. YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM so get it in your head now.

The compounds that are easiest on the lipids are test (any ester), masteron and primo. I personally ran 1200mgs test along with 400mgs masteron during a cycle and maintained an hdl of 33 and an ldl of 120. My triglycerides were super low too but I seem to be genetically blessed to have low tris even on cycle.

Oh and anybody saying a low HDL isnt a big deal is a tool!

Chew on that future heart attack victims. Have a nice day! :thumbdown:

Last edited:

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
baaaahahaha. ALWAYS love yur posts!!

anyway...
my chick got her bloods back and everythng was good except her cholesterol.
its says...(correct me if im wrong)...
Cholesterol= 230
HDL = 49
LDL = 167

i no the HDL is good. but how the fuk do u read these labs?? lol

heres an attached copy of it.

All of those supplements will do little to nothing to help your cholesterol when youre on cycle.

LOL, yeah right. Maybe a little.

well if youre taking orals or tren and have a naturally low hdl to start then your shit is probably in the toilet year round. You are a future heart attack victim.

The best way to correct cholesterol is to get OFF GEAR altogether. If youre on trt then thats fine as long as you dont cheat. IF YOU CRUISE, YOUR CHOLESTEROL WILL NOT RECOVER!!!

I ran 350 tren, 350 test and 400 mast for 2 months. Thats 1100mgs of gear. Post cycle, i dropped down to 300-350mgs a week and cruised for 5 months (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT, 5 MONTHS), i ran niacin, tons of fish oil, tons of vitamin e, olive oil, tons of cardio, ate good etc and my lipids came back shitty.

Went from an 18hdl to a 21. Ldl went from 185 to 175 all after 5 months! As soon as i went to a true trt dose of 150mgs/week my cholesterol recovered in about 45 days.

IMO, cholesterol is the number 1 worst side effect of gear.

If you run orals, you are a dumbass, if you run prohormones you are an even bigger dumbass. If you run tren, expect similar lipids as if you ran an oral. If you kickstart a cycle with 3-4 weeks worth of orals, your hdl has dropped from normal to the low 20's or even the teens by the time youre done with ur 4 week kickstart and it will stay there for the remainder of your cycle.

Dont get me wrong, there are some freaks out there who can maintain decent cholesterol numbers on cycle. YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM so get it in your head now.

The compounds that are easiest on the lipids are test (any ester), masteron and primo. I personally ran 1200mgs test along with 400mgs masteron during a cycle and maintained an hdl of 33 and an ldl of 120. My triglycerides were super low too but I seem to be genetically blessed to have low tris even on cycle.

Oh and anybody saying a low HDL isnt a big deal is a tool!

Chew on that future heart attack victims. Have a nice day! :thumbdown:

Attachments

• 2013-09-06 01.38.17.jpg
    2013-09-06 01.38.17.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 25

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Cardio lol.. it can help some..var tanks it is all i know .mine was 29 on 4month var research now 52 with all u mentioned viking but no metamusil ..... or geratol.. why metamusil post a link?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
baaaahahaha. ALWAYS love yur posts!!

anyway...
my chick got her bloods back and everythng was good except her cholesterol.
its says...(correct me if im wrong)...
Cholesterol= 230
HDL = 49
LDL = 167

i no the HDL is good. but how the fuk do u read these labs?? lol

heres an attached copy of it.

What do u mean?.lol it says the numbers she should be in for her age.. chloresterol total borderline high..low hdl and ldl.. get her outa your sack a var..

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Amateurfemale just started a var cycle. Before starting she got her bloods done. Hdl, 59 (woohoo) Ldl, 100-105, tris, 82.