©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

just hit 855lbs on my squats

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
I'll tell u what...Do your warm ups on the machine..Go to your max...Then load an olympic bar with 4 100lb plates on each side with plastic collars..Set up under the bar lift it step back 1 half step and squat 1 time with it....My guess is u would get buried under the bar with 505....Try that and then start a new thread....

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
all they have is 45lb plates.

but hey, im still happy with what im lifting, even though its not record breaking.

and im all set with starting a new thread, all I ever hear is how full of shit I am, one guy said im a fucking liar when I said I weigh 230lbs.

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
listen i'm an x-powerlifetr...I've squated 740 buried in the whole under uspf judges in the 242's...I'm telling you point blank u will get buried under the racks with 505...real olympic weights no machines just the bar,racks and the weight....I'm 47 yrs.old I've heard alot of bullshit in my day..this 1 is a new 1....point blank your mis-informed...

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
That machine moves the weight up and down only inches compared to how far you are going up and down.. Look at where the pivot point is.

Good job however. I am sure it is a spectacle to see that at Bally's. Keep up the good work.

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
don't go making up this shit because anyone and everyone who knows a little about squating with heavy weight knows that your high on something....And it's an insult for the guys who've spent years striving to squat in the 7's and 8's...I'm insulted to think that your foolish enough to think that your sqauting 845 and trying to make us believe you are....Try 505 out of the power racks and then tell me how you did....How about an easy set of 10 buried in the whole do that for me...

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
I never said I could do 500 on the rack, I never tried, but If I was to work my way up to that much no one would give me credit anyway.

fuck, I don't even want to be a powerlifter, I want size not strenth.

I really don't know why everyones freaking out, damn. I was just happy to have reached that weight on that machine, ive been trying for a little while to reach my max.

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
and big o, calm down man, im sure your a strong mofo, I never would have said otherwize.you are certanly stronger than me.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I remember when I was 15 I worked out on one of those home gym machine things, it said that what I was bench pressing was 215, I was so proud of myself that I was that strong because all the other kids that were benching that were so much bigger. Then......I put 140 on a real bar and got crushed, ego and everything. From the looks of that squat machine, you're probably pushing half of the weight, not balancing the bar either.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
don’t go and squat 500lbs with free weights start out small and increase the weight gradually , no need to blow knees and what not , the free weight also works your core to some degree its a whole different ball park
and congrats on your personal best with the machine its always awesome to break barriers.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
mr.nitrofish said:
I was able to squeze out 8 reps of 855lbs. im pretty happy with that. :D

OK everyone calm down.
He never said he squatted with free weight. We all (including myself) just assumed that's what he meant.
He corrected it and showed pictures. Let's give Nitro a break.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
DragonRider said:
OK everyone calm down.
He never said he squatted with free weight. We all (including myself) just assumed that's what he meant.
He corrected it and showed pictures. Let's give Nitro a break.

exactly....it's still impressive for him to do that weight. we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

W

wolfyEVH

he set a PR so we should be happy for him, regardless of the weight........the bullshit detector came on in my brain when i read the first post, but glad everything is clarified.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
Bullshit detector? I benched 1200 for 10 reps last night. Someone guess if i'm full of shit or not!!!! J/K. If you've lifted more than you ever could before, good job, regardless of what the actual weight is. Three cheers for Nitro

P

pincrusher

like it was stated prior, to hit a PR is a great accomplishment no matter what kind of machine you are using. hell i get flack all the time for using a smith machine for alot of my workouts.
bottom line is that it doesnt matter even if you have your grandma climb on your back while you do squats, just as long as you keep pushing yourself to improve from week to week.
sorry about the slack earlier its just that the wording kinda made it seem like it was a regular squat and after spending a few years on the boards and seeing so many 130lb weakings brag about how much they can lift or trying to tell others the best way to gain, people tend to be on edge any time big #'s are thrown out there. :)

Zaven

May 18, 2005
big o said:
listen i'm an x-powerlifetr...I've squated 740 buried in the whole under uspf judges in the 242's...I'm telling you point blank u will get buried under the racks with 505...real olympic weights no machines just the bar,racks and the weight....I'm 47 yrs.old I've heard alot of bullshit in my day..this 1 is a new 1....point blank your mis-informed...
I don't understand what your accusing Mr.Nitrofish of.............I've read the thread a few times and still don't get why your getting so mad.... :twisted:

BIGSARGE

Oct 18, 2004
Shit I Thought I Was Doing Good Squatting 495 For 20. Damn Im A Pussy. And Fuck A Smith Machine