©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

just hit 855lbs on my squats

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
Bizarro said:
Good job Nitro -- keep up the good work. One piece of advice though: join a real gym.

ya, tell me about it. I have been debating that for a while. I can join golds or family fitness. despite the name family fitness is a really nice place with some serious weights, im leaning that way.

and to get back to squats for a moment, is the machine I'm using worth using? I assume I'm working the same muscle groups only I'm lacking the stabilizer muscles, and obviously its not as heavy being that its on a piviot.but my guess as long as I'm struggling its still effective. correct me if I'm wrong .remember I'm going for bulk, not strength, even though the two are somewhat related.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
Yea we used that machine back in Highschool but used it to explode up from squat position. I think we loaded up 500-600 pounds for squat jumps so it sounds believable.

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
Sorry I got my panties in a wad Nitro...It reminds me of a friend of mine who always exagerates about everything he does in the gym...He told me point blank he was squating in the mid 6's....He couldn't do 315........I get a little testy when someone throws a big number like that out there....You would be much better doing hack squats with your feet close together for the tear drop and lower quads....Put something under your heels because it tends to lift your heels up a little....Hacks are better than that machine your using....Maybe you could turn around....

BIGSARGE

Oct 18, 2004
mr.nitrofish said:
ya, tell me about it. I have been debating that for a while. I can join golds or family fitness. despite the name family fitness is a really nice place with some serious weights, im leaning that way.

and to get back to squats for a moment, is the machine I'm using worth using? I assume I'm working the same muscle groups only I'm lacking the stabilizer muscles, and obviously its not as heavy being that its on a piviot.but my guess as long as I'm struggling its still effective. correct me if I'm wrong .remember I'm going for bulk, not strength, even though the two are somewhat related.
AS LONG AS YOUR GOING THRU A FULL RANGER OF MOTION AND ITS HEAVY YOUR WORKING THE MUSCLE. JUST DONT BE FOOLED BY HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO ON A REAL SQUAT. I MEAN SHIT YOU CAN LEG PRESS 2000LBS BUT THAT ON A BAR WOULD SQUASH YOU LIKE A PANCAKE.

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
when I get to the point where I don't think its heavy enough im going to switch to something else. I may try doing it free weight this week on leg day, im going to start light of course.