©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
heres one from 1991 i had never heard...some really good thrash from start to finish on this album...

christian band...from arkansas.

riffs for jesus...:headbang:

Living Sacrifice- The Prodigal - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
the power of christ compels you...to shred...

these guys are bad ass...:angel-smiley-001:

Living Sacrifice - Dealing With Ignorance [08] Living Sacrifice - YouTube
YouTube​

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
YouTube​

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
try to post this one more time...

YouTube​

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Great stuff ! Ya I remember when the christian hardcore bands came out in the early 90's. Some pretty good stuff. A christian dude I worked with said they were "wolves in sheep's clothing". I just figured there's no winning with this guy :D

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Hard not to get chills at the 2:19-2:30 mark. The heavy chords and KD's almost otherworldly call for his beloved gets me every time ! hahaha

King Diamond - Melissa (Live - Graspop Metal Meeting 2016 - Belgium) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
It seemed like you could never find anyone in person who really listened to KD or Mercyful back in the day, but his live shows were always filled to the rafters and lines streaming out into the parking lot. I always thought that strange. Definitely a legend, class act and a heavy metal warrior through and through.

That little goth babe seems to have been on tour with him for many years. I know his wife sings off to the side of the stage. Not sure who the chick is, but as far as my love of goth chicks, she is smokin' hot ! :D

King Diamond - Black Horsemen Live (Graspop DVD) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
So my interest was well rewarded. Now that's a 10 in my world ! :D

Attachments

• jodi_cachia.jpg
    jodi_cachia.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9
  • jodi_cachia1.jpg
    jodi_cachia1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 8

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another "wall of sound" monster from the legendary Human album. It's funny I was watching the Beach Boys documentary recently and they referred to Phil Spector's "wall of sound" in the studio that Brian Wilson wanted to emulate. I've always used that term to refer to Bolt Thrower and the sound Death got on their Human album.

Scott Burns just did something with the mix and the production that separated these tunes from anything else up to that point, imo. Obviously it doesn't get any better than Lombardo and the double bass and overall technical speed that he propelled Slayer with. But it was just produced/showcased in a different way, to accentuate Slayer's speed and the lightning fast pick hands of Hanneman and King.

Burns gave the double bass and just overall drum sound as high of a profile as the heavy riffs that Chuck had created and he and Masvidal cranked out. When you put this on 10 it just has that crushing wall of sound that for a speed metal band no one had accomplished up to 1991.

Maybe Bolt Thrower took a lead from that, as on The IVth Crusade, released the following year, may be the heaviest most punishing recording of all time. Just an epic wall of sound that I don't think can ever be reproduced.

Here's the legend at his pinnacle, with Reinert, an absolute beast, doing his best octopuss impression @ 2:32, just owning it !

DEATH - "Lack Of Comprehension" (Remixed) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Them was great, just a very thin production. Songs like Twilight Symphony and Tea are among the heaviest KD has every put out.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A heavy, groov crusher from the revamped Entombed.

Entombed A.D. – Second to None – 24.6.2016 Copenhell, Copenhagen, Denmark - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Them was great, just a very thin production. Songs like Twilight Symphony and Tea are among the heaviest KD has every put out.

i like the production...
a lot going on on this album...
i thought he did a good job.:)