©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Another masterpiece from Quorthon after he had apparently burned out on black metal. This one has about a 2:50 intro, but it's very atmospheric. Just a great take you to the moment kind of song. Can see where he was at mentally and creatively, at that point in time.

Shores In Flames - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another solid effort from the Hammerheart album. Quorthon was shooting for the Dino/Fear Factory style crunch :)

Baptise In Fire And Ice - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another crusher from Hammerheart. Quorthon spared us with only a minute intro on this one :D Solid riff though, heavy stuff for sure.

Father To Son - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Great remix/remaster of what may be the heaviest song ever recorded :D

Metallica - The Thing That Should Not Be (Remixed and Remastered) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Those chicks know how to put together a good hardcore tune. Could benefit from better production and just more overall oomph to their sound, but nice find brother.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
What'd ya think 2tense, maybe the most crushing grindcore song of all time? 2:55 to 3:40 is just insane. Hard to believe anything just more punishing. Some of Bolt Thrower almost feels like it was created just to see how deep and heavy a wall of sound could possibly be.

Also one of the great pieces of artwork for an album cover. Fits perfectly.

Bolt Thrower - Ritual - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
What'd ya think 2tense, maybe the most crushing grindcore song of all time? 2:55 to 3:40 is just insane. Hard to believe anything just more punishing. Some of Bolt Thrower almost feels like it was created just to see how deep and heavy a wall of sound could possibly be.

Also one of the great pieces of artwork for an album cover. Fits perfectly.

Bolt Thrower - Ritual - YouTube

nice...
love that intro riff..
would have liked to hear it again later in the song...(?)
great track tho...i hadnt heard this one before.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya man, that sounds a lot better. Chicks are killing it.

Brunette is looking pretty foxy as well !

Attachments

• nervosa.jpg
    nervosa.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 9

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another massive tune from The IVth Crusade, no question Bolt Thrower's pinnacle. Their sound was just absolutely crushing, vocals spot on and the drums just driving that sound like a beast.

The great ending to a tune that I like. 4:55 to finish, just punishes you. Classic grindcore sound they created, have to refer to that style as the Bolt Thrower death march or something. Not thrash tempo, but the drummer just ups the tempo and drives it home. Brutal stuff !

Bolt Thrower - This Time Its War - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
hell yeah...

crushing.

i like this track a lot...had never heard this..i think ill give this band another try.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Nice sleeper song from the kings here.

Love Hetfield's riff @ 3:50 and the way it continues chugging through the Hammett solo. Vintage Metallica at their best.

Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Remixed and Remastered) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
hell yeah...

crushing.

i like this track a lot...had never heard this..i think ill give this band another try.

Ya man, I love the uniqueness to their sound. Just nothing quite like it when they were at their best. Hard to imagine anything heavier.

Guy on YouTube, circle of tone I think it is, tries to replicate bands sound and gives a good explanation of the type of pickups Bolt Throwers guitarists used and why it's one of a kind sound that can't really be duplicated.

Also, bass blasted through a guitar amp head. I used to do that back as a kid out of necessity and thought it sounded cool :D but of course the "musicians" used to say what are you doing, get a bass amp head.
But that was the signature growl from the low end.

Just love this band after all the years. Would definitely match up their top 5 songs against anyone's that deliver sheer punishment to the listener. :D

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
What an incredible guitar tone for a live show. Tommy Victor just crushing it with the same tone from the studio recording. Unbelievable. Never heard a guitar this clean and crunchy live !

Prong - Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck (video in its entirety includes lyrics) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Prong is definitely an under-rated band w/out a doubt ! I think their sound is hard to categorize, doesn't quite fit cleanly into anything. Some serious clean and heavy riffing that packs a punch.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another toast to the legendary Chuck and the massive "wall of sound" speed metal style that he and Sean Reinert created on the Human album. Human is one of the top hardcore albums of all-time imo. Definitely his apex. Reinert is a beast, makes me wonder why Chuck only employed him for the 1 recording. Hoglan, who replaces him, is a legend, but not better than Reinert at the time imo.

Together as One - YouTube