©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

new log, wpf 2017

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Did chest today and shoulders. Great pump Goodburn losing weight, how the f*** do I look bigger even though I weigh less. It's insane how the workouts go and a Diet a lot easier now thanks to concrete guy. Thanks bros

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Did back yesterday. Skipped to day to eat more.
Made my 10 hour bone broth with a glazed pork belly for my Ramen.
Marine buddy when he got back from Japan when we roomed together he showed me how to cook cook Ramen.....it's a weekly staple. Also has helped alot with my stomach after the wreck.

So how do you guys train abs with out over developing them? I have a thick torso from years of strongman and powerlifting. I never wore a belt (there is no point when under 85%) its a conditioning thing alopt of guys skip. But I also never gave a shit is my obliques got thick as fuck.....kinda regretting that.

And...i noticed i have asymmetrical abs.

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
Did back yesterday. Skipped to day to eat more.
Made my 10 hour bone broth with a glazed pork belly for my Ramen.
Marine buddy when he got back from Japan when we roomed together he showed me how to cook cook Ramen.....it's a weekly staple. Also has helped alot with my stomach after the wreck.

So how do you guys train abs with out over developing them? I have a thick torso from years of strongman and powerlifting. I never wore a belt (there is no point when under 85%) its a conditioning thing alopt of guys skip. But I also never gave a shit is my obliques got thick as fuck.....kinda regretting that.

And...i noticed i have asymmetrical abs.
I haven't trained abs very much in a long time since mine are pretty blocky and don't need much stimulus to pop.

If you're worried about your midsection getting wider, avoid anything that's gonna target obliques directly, do lots of vacuums (with an empty stomach preferably) and planks.

Usually, guys who train abs don't have wide midsections..... It's more genetic then anything and most of the time training them and keeping in mind to have them pulled in during training works to tighten up the midsection.

I always train with a belt and it helps me keep my mind focused on keeping the abs tight. I don't just let the belt support them, it's there as a mental que to keep them sucked in.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I haven't trained abs very much in a long time since mine are pretty blocky and don't need much stimulus to pop.

If you're worried about your midsection getting wider, avoid anything that's gonna target obliques directly, do lots of vacuums (with an empty stomach preferably) and planks.

Usually, guys who train abs don't have wide midsections..... It's more genetic then anything and most of the time training them and keeping in mind to have them pulled in during training works to tighten up the midsection.

I always train with a belt and it helps me keep my mind focused on keeping the abs tight. I don't just let the belt support them, it's there as a mental que to keep them sucked in.
Arnold used to tie a string around his waist to remind him not to let it out.
I find my fat just rolls right over the string- still can't find the last one.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008

I agree. Vacuums and planks. If you do more ab work mainly keep it to bodyweight stuff such as leg/knee raises. You can still use some ab machines and weights. It's genetic and mainly diet related.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
No i'm aware of that. I already have a thick powerlifter stomach. I'm just saying I see it more cause I got leaner. I accept it and I'm cool with it. Abs are abs.

Did chest and ate burgers all day on my one off day. Ice bong....just sayin
every one stay chill

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
sO Did chest and shoulders today.
I'm down like 3 pant sizes and have abs coming in, but I weigh more.

Just focusing on losing weight and shape. Still repping weight on bench.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Massage went great. Been going to her since the accident. Foot and leg got worked on. Need to have brace fixed i think so gotta find time for that.

GF is out of town and last night I made a fresh bread toasted sriracha mayo BLT with spinach and capicola. Hits the spot after these fasts LOL

Back workout tmrw. Pumped to see how this goes...pumped *flex*

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
So now I'm lookin for a meet. Once spring hits im back in my old gym and my shirt....I'd love to git 656 at 198:devil-smiley-023:

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
So started back with coaCH.
Planning bench meet maybe push pull in summer!
Did leg yesterday ALOT of constantly slow positives and negatives. Leg held up great. Not sore...yet LOL
Have chest today and abs.
D

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Chest went great! Pumped and hungry.
really getting use to focusing on the muscle rather than a movement or the weight. I go more by feel and pump which I use to hear alot of, but I get it now if that makes sense....

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Man this is a bitch getting all this protein in LOL

Had back today. Alot of pump work...I can notice now my left lat is bigger than my right. I keep stripping the extra size from power lifting to see all my muscles looked fucked up. Asymmetrical abs, pec tears, bicep tears, my entire left fuckin leg. But I FEEL great. Clothes fit great, alot of stuff is easier. Its like I got stripped down from a Suburban into a Mustang.

Making more bone broth. I just found out some people are just now getting into that...dude I got an old powerliftingUSA that talks about it form the 90's. But for real my broth and ramen are fuckin tits! I want to post a video showing how to make it. The point though is that it's helped my stomach alot after the accident. But when I was younger even my weightlifting coach in college would tell us how the soviets eat bone broth for joint health. It's no deca or cortisone shot...but I'm not as fucked up as my friend, and I got hit by a truck LOL

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 23

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I train with an elitefts athlete. I don't mention the name because of the website and I don't think they want that attention. Also work is so time-consuming and stressful that with intermittent fasting the gym and that is a block away from my house is just more convenient. And just doing a lot of machine work it's kind of being spoiled in a way, cuz I all I've ever done is freeway. Powerlifting power cleans squat bench deadlift all dumbbell work and now using machines it's nice to get a great pump and I just have to f*** it sit there

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
so spent sunday being a carb up day.
Feel way better, gonna need a bigger cheat day.
Did chest and had a great pump
db incline 4x15,12,10,10
Smith incline 5x10 1 sec pause 1 inch above neck
Press super set close grip push up 3x15
DB tricep and rope dush down 4x15
Flys 5x15
EAT EAT EAT

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
[ame]https://youtu.be/5ELaUaXlJ4Q[/ame]
its fuckin cold.....leg day starts tomorrow. I got back to training legs evry week now. Wish me luck.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Its fuckin cold
Did legs the other day nothing special nice pump
Did chest today, helped some kid bench after a group of guys were being dicks to him. High school kids are out of school cause of weather. As much as I respect gym time when the world is ending, you cant be a dick.
This skinny kid was just trying to work in and they kept blocking him.
So I walked over to a bench of some bigger guys getting done. Walked over, asked them if they are seeing the same shit I am. They say yeah so I wave the kid over and he got like a free bench seminar and shit.

Never beat the runt of a tiger litter, it still grows to be a tiger...