©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

pressed 350 today

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
I didn't get a good nights sleep but I got my 3 meals in before the gym at 230 and went for 350. I never get a lift off, I brought it down slow - probably too slow - and good form on the way back up. I NEVER lift my ass off the bench. I got it to less than 1" from the rack and I had my buddy give me a 2 finger lift from there. Next week it will be clean!!

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
great job greg keep it up buddy my highest weight was 195 3 times clean, but you have to remember i am 5'8'' 147lbs. but my next cycle is on its way so keep working hard or i might catch ya..lol

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
A 350lb bench is a hell of an accomplishment for anyone. Major props, bro! You should forget about 360--might as well go for 365. Three-and-a-half plates per side looks a lot better than 3 plates and some change. You've only been on cycle for a month so its well within your range expecially considering your weight and measurements.

It actually took me years to go from 315 to 350. I was stuck at 315-325 from 2000 to 2003, then I discovered WSB/the conjugate method and started working my tris hard, doing lots of board presses, floor presses and bench presses with chains/bands. Within 6 months I hit 350 and 4 months after that I hit 405. Start training the hell out of your tris and with close grips and the above mentioned exercises and 365 will be a snap (and the 19" guns will also be attained--remember that 2/3 of arm size are triceps). Good luck:)

Again, congratulations.

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
Good job it is nice crossing a barrier. I am slowing creeping up into the 450lbs range, I have been using 405lbs for 8 reps for the last month and while my weight and size has moved very slowly (I am around 207lbs right now). I love heavy lifting though and when you cross a barrier you feel on top of the world. Keep it going! By the way how many times a week do you hit bench? I find that I have to hit bench (either in a full workout or by itself) at least twice a week to see any stregnth gains.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
mandarb11 said:
Good job it is nice crossing a barrier. I am slowing creeping up into the 450lbs range, I have been using 405lbs for 8 reps for the last month and while my weight and size has moved very slowly (I am around 207lbs right now). I love heavy lifting though and when you cross a barrier you feel on top of the world. Keep it going! By the way how many times a week do you hit bench? I find that I have to hit bench (either in a full workout or by itself) at least twice a week to see any stregnth gains.

405x8 for a 207lb person is pretty amazing. I have a bro who owns the gym I go to does 405x2 and he's 200lbs.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
powermad said:
A 350lb bench is a hell of an accomplishment for anyone. Major props, bro! You should forget about 360--might as well go for 365. Three-and-a-half plates per side looks a lot better than 3 plates and some change. You've only been on cycle for a month so its well within your range expecially considering your weight and measurements.

It actually took me years to go from 315 to 350. I was stuck at 315-325 from 2000 to 2003, then I discovered WSB/the conjugate method and started working my tris hard, doing lots of board presses, floor presses and bench presses with chains/bands. Within 6 months I hit 350 and 4 months after that I hit 405. Start training the hell out of your tris and with close grips and the above mentioned exercises and 365 will be a snap (and the 19" guns will also be attained--remember that 2/3 of arm size are triceps). Good luck:)

Again, congratulations.

Thanks. My bench really jumped up when I started training my back harder. My lats have almost eclipsed my chest in proportion (my chest is pretty damn big lol) I do train tri pretty hard and usually on their own day. I don't do alot of close grips b/c they kill my wrists.

brent_G

Nov 18, 2005
Good job buddy. nothing better then maxing out and going up a few lbs.

Im going for my max today. first time in 3 months

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
gregdiesel said:
Thanks. My bench really jumped up when I started training my back harder. My lats have almost eclipsed my chest in proportion (my chest is pretty damn big lol) I do train tri pretty hard and usually on their own day. I don't do alot of close grips b/c they kill my wrists.

By close grips I just meant keeping hands around 15-20" apart on pressing exercises and benching, but forgive me if you understood that already.

Yeah, lats do a lot to not only stabilize/help the bottom of the bench but as the upper back/lats increase in thickness you gain leverage by lessening the distance the bar must travel.

Sounds like your doing great! Keep it up, bro.

Strongman

Jun 9, 2005
At Home
Awesome Gregdiesel!!! Keep on pushing!!!...There's nothing better than setting a goal and reaching it!!!..Now you just have to add more goals!!!...Great job!!

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
it's always good to hit a Major benchmark in your weightlifting. When i hit 350 it was such an adrenaline rush and a way to go for more. it also helped that i changed my bench style....hint to some of ya'll. GOOD JOB GUYS ON THE ACCOMPLISHEMENTS........and believe me alot of guys in the gym would love to make those type of advacements.