©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
So much for holding back.

Yesterday my main Quad exercise was Smith Squats.

Last time I did 275x7. So plan was 275 for 8.

Well I felt like shit due to work so I decided to add 5 lbs to 280 and only do 6 reps.

Well once I got to 6 I said fuck it and ended up doing 8.

So I can look at it as a good thing that I put mind over body and kicked ass.

Or I can call myself an idiot cause I'm supposed to be trying to slow down a bit. :action-smiley-060:

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
^ Slowing down likely means 'don't do stupid shit' cause you think you can, 8 reps instead of 6 with 5lbs more on the bar is WAY different than going for doubles and singles with more than you ever did before cause you 'think' you can. Nice work man! :headbang:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Pretty much feel like death lol

Yesterday was Muscle Rounds: 1 muscle round is 6 sets of 4-6 reps with 10 seconds rest between each of the 6 sets. I did 3 muscles rounds for legs and 2 muscle rounds for upper body.

Leverage Squat
Leg press
Seated leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Pec Dec Flies
Machine Pulldowns
Cable free motion Shoulder Press
Free Motion Curls
Free Motion Triceps Extensions

Didn't feel like doing calves....

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Chest yesterday and my left shoulder is fuckin killing me. I'll be ordering some PEPs today to try and do something about it to avoid surgery. One more day til my Friday enjoy your weekend brothers

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Chest yesterday and my left shoulder is fuckin killing me. I'll be ordering some PEPs today to try and do something about it to avoid surgery. One more day til my Friday enjoy your weekend brothers

Fill me in... what happened to your shoulder?

Take your time before hitting chest, shoulders and tris.... lots of internal and external rotations, face pulls, scarecrow rotations, side and bent over arm circles...

After tearing my labrum and dislocating mu shoulder I did a routine consisting of the above every morning when I woke up at home. My shoulder recovered....

heading up to my girl's parent's house this weekend with my girl to watch their dog while they are away. Training at a smaller gym, but still decent. favorite part about trainignthere is it is near a badass frozen yogurt place so after training I bring a shake and we go to forzen yogurt joint and get a big ass bowl of sorbet and frozen yogurt for a PWO meal. It is actually sad, but I know the macros of the yogurt and 17oz of yogurt will give me 100g carbs lol Please don't call me a fat ass... after a week of hard training and being back on my diet I checked my bodyfat... a solid 6%.

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I've been having shoulder problems for a while just been taking it easier started running some var and my elbow and shoulder were hurting so bad down to the bone I actually wanted to cry at one point. I've been drinking plenty if water but fuck. I did go a little heavier than normal ending up at 355 on bench maybe I should wait a little longer to continue to push that heavy til after my daughter is born when I can run some deca or npp more likely. But with these sales going in now I'm gonna try to run a pep protocol that someone told me about. So that'll be the actual test to see how it works.

AA fixing to send you a pm. Enjoy your weekend.

Currently working 6 days a week 12-14 hours a day and diet on the road is fuckin hard. Subway for lunch everyday and I try to get panda express or a steak or salad with chicken or steak in it. McDonald's for breakfast but sweating a shit ton I'm these 100°+ temps so at this point I'm thinking eating like this ain't that bad for me. I try and add in a protein bar or shake wherever I can.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Phoe, do you have a diagnosis for the shoulder from a doc? MRI? - what exactly is wrong with it? As Atom said, you need to rehab it during this acute injury stage then continue to strengthen with prehab work. This is non-negotiable my friend.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
No I haven't but I don't have the time to take off from work right now. Bills are stacking up and trying to money up before my daughters born plus still paying for my lawyer for the time being. No MRI no doctors visit yet. I'm out on the road and don't have the time to off from work. Can y'all give me some exact routines to start doing? It pops and whenever I bench it begins hurting its been like this for a year or two I've just been working through it. The bigger I get the worse it hurts especially when I fall asleep on it and sleep on that side during the night. I just got back on insurance after almost a year so maybe next time I have a chance between jobs I'll go in to the doctor but like I said we're working about 80+ hours a week so unless theirs a Dr open on my only day off which is Sunday then I won't be going tell after this jobs complete maybe mid October or so.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Lemme dig out some stuff - tests to better understand where your injury is (you move it a certain way - it hurts and we'll have a better idea what part of your cuff's injured) and I have a rehab routine (my physical therapist's a powerlifter and does this to STAY healthy or he gets aches and pains). I'll hook you up with what I have bro.
G.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, maybe you should back off and not try to train through the pain. I've been guilty of that big time. Shoulders are complex. I hope you can get to the bottom if it and back on track. Do you have any impingement going on? My ortho doc told me years ago when guys get stronger and bigger, sometimes things get tight in there and tendons get inflamed. If that's the case some gentle static stretching of the rotator may help "open that up". Again, hard to say without an exam and some imaging.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yea I usually will do some light warm up sets using 5 lbs dumbbells and do some lat raises but yesterday was just plain painful. I have always worked through it in the past. I did do squats which for some reason may have aggravated it cuz after legs is when it started hurting and kinda went away but after doing bench it was alright kinda painful but it was so bad after doing incline I almost called it a day. I'm gonna back off the weight a little and give myself more than one day off this week.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
I did do squats which for some reason may have aggravated it cuz after legs is when it started hurting and kinda went away but after doing bench it was alright kinda painful but it was so bad after doing incline I almost called it a day. I'm gonna back off the weight a little and give myself more than one day off this week.

Most definitely irritated it. Holding the bar on your traps means externally rotating your upper arm which stretches and strains a weakened/injured cuff. No squats, do leg presses for a bit.

Inclines are way shoulder involved, cuff injuries remind you they are there on inclines!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Phoe, I can't help like the other guys but Rich Piana told me last year when I had an f'n tri injury, just stay the F away from the exercises that hurt
Sounds simple and it is but it sure helped me

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, I can't help like the other guys but Rich Piana told me last year when I had an f'n tri injury, just stay the F away from the exercises that hurt
Sounds simple and it is but it sure helped me

Those are the exact words my shoulder ortho doc told me some years ago. If it hurts, don't do it.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis, tris, forearms, traps and calves a few hours ago. Was in the zone, the time off ive had did me good mentally. It had been, oh at least half a year id say since I took a week off. Had that bout of the flu and did a whole upper body workout last weekend, but still wasnt feeling normal or "good". I figured shit, its time for a good recuperating break now. Tomorrow chest back delts quads and hams. Then back to normal split on sunday. Hope everybody's havin a good weekend so far:sport-smiley-003:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I usually start this day off with back but since the power rack was being used when I got there, I started with chest.

Dips +105x9
HS Dec 340x13
Inc DB Press 80x17

Rack DL 495x7
Smith Row 245x13
Superman's 270x16 (A pulldown on the HS high row mach.)
HS Press 250x5
Lateral 40x11
Behind Back Smith Upright 205x15
Dec. Close Grip 265x8
1 Arm Pushdown 40x20 (Done across my body holding the rubber ball on the cable)
HS Dip 270x18

Another good one!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Was going to hit arms last night, but wanted to spend time with my kids as I'm at a seminar in NY all day today. Right choice. :) I'll be leaving for Kai Greene's BELIEVE seminar shortly. Should be a good time. Today's another chance to be closer to realizing your goals - don't let it slip away. Kill it brothers!

Grim