©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Was going to hit arms last night, but wanted to spend time with my kids as I'm at a seminar in NY all day today. Right choice. :) I'll be leaving for Kai Greene's BELIEVE seminar shortly. Should be a good time. Today's another chance to be closer to realizing your goals - don't let it slip away. Kill it brothers!

Grim
The only thing better than lifting some heavy ass wieght is hanging out with your kids!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Seminar was a smash and grab for promoters. Doors opened an hour late as fans baked in the 86 degree heat. Herded inside, they watched IFBB pros who turned out to support Kai eat, drink and laugh while the sweaty crowd watched and uttered comments about their treatment so far.
When fans were finally brought into the theater for the seminar, the first two rows were off limits - those were for the special people, the IFBB pros and other promoter friends - the ones who didn't pay nor wait for anything - I guess membership has its privileges as they say.
Poorly organized, the fans had to pay for lunch (the event tickets were $200) at $10 for a cup of brown rice and maybe 3 oz of chicken - outside food prohibited. When they ran out of the bison lunches, seconds later, disappointed fans were treated to watching the lunch vendor pull out 3 more and say 'here are the extras' handing them to an IFBB pro who was hanging around and with a 'thanks bro' and a smile proceeded to open one, wolf it down and hand the other two to another 'bro' I guess for later.
I know how these things are, the industry is notorious for vapid and self-absorbed people but it was a very flagrant display and not very good treatment of the fans.
Grim

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Man thats disappointing Grim, especially at the price. Sorry to hear that bro.
Got all upperbody and legs taken care of friday and saturday. Starting to look like my usual self again thank god. Worst part of taking a break is watching yourself deflate, just terrible.lol. Gonna hit guns plus another part tonight, not sure what yet. Definitely gonna increase intensity and lower rep range down around 5 per set. Havent done that for a while so figured its time. Have a good sunday brothers!

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
It is sad when marketing debunks everything else. When you go somewhere for the enjoyment, and pay that much for it, and then get that kind of treatment.....well.....just sayin.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Seminar was a smash and grab for promoters. Doors opened an hour late as fans baked in the 86 degree heat. Herded inside, they watched IFBB pros who turned out to support Kai eat, drink and laugh while the sweaty crowd watched and uttered comments about their treatment so far.
When fans were finally brought into the theater for the seminar, the first two rows were off limits - those were for the special people, the IFBB pros and other promoter friends - the ones who didn't pay nor wait for anything - I guess membership has its privileges as they say.
Poorly organized, the fans had to pay for lunch (the event tickets were $200) at $10 for a cup of brown rice and maybe 3 oz of chicken - outside food prohibited. When they ran out of the bison lunches, seconds later, disappointed fans were treated to watching the lunch vendor pull out 3 more and say 'here are the extras' handing them to an IFBB pro who was hanging around and with a 'thanks bro' and a smile proceeded to open one, wolf it down and hand the other two to another 'bro' I guess for later.
I know how these things are, the industry is notorious for vapid and self-absorbed people but it was a very flagrant display and not very good treatment of the fans.
Grim
I gave certain "friend" who tells me this industry is run by a bunch of douche bags
His words not mine

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I gave certain "friend" who tells me this industry is run by a bunch of douche bags
His words not mine

The world is full of assholes my friend. Only takes a few to ruin shit for everybody. Makes me sad and angry they have to be a part of our underground lifestyle too :mad:

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Beach was great. Got some nice color. Even though certain aspects of yesterday's seminar bummed me out, Kai and I chatted for a few, as always, HE was awesome and him telling me I was looking good since I'd seen him in June was the thing that pumped me up. Like Magnus says, we ALL have body dysmorphia and when I went to use the restroom today, even in a t-shirt, I forgot that I don't look 'normal' and I never, ever want to. :D Let's KILL IT!
Tomorrow's chest and those plates are doomed.
G.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Eventhough I misspelled here lol. I'm on the road have Sundays off went home for my step son's birthday. Been working 80-85 hours a week. Gonna start a thread for dieting on the road and in the heat with no real way to cook chicken and rice would love to hear everyone's input. I'll start it tomorrow. Shoulder's feeling better. Took a few days off from the gym

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Yesterday was a day off. I spent the entire weekend eating like an F'n horse.

Had my normal cheat Friday night then more or less kept it clean from that point on.

Goal was to shoot for 50 grams of Protein and 80 grams of carbs each meal. Fat varied from none to about 20.

By dinner time last night I was sick of food. Last two meals were just oats with egg whites and protein powder mixed in.

Well, weight was 199 this morning. :D

As most of you know, I'm shooting for 200 with less than 10% BF by the Olympia.

Not gonna check BF till I'm 200 for three days straight.

Ok, time to get my ass in the gym.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Nice man! Youll have to post new updated pics of you at 200, bet youre looking pretty damn thick :headbang:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Grim, sorry to hear that. You can pull that shit once or twice, but word gets around and you end up burinhg your own ass.

Phoe, great idea. Real world advice and input.

Hit back Friday and arms Saturday. Went well. Had a LOT of angst built up in me. Had my bladder exam last week and it went pretty well.... I guess. No blood in my urine which is fantastic doc said. Bladder looked great except for one spot of irritation which he said may still be from the stent I had. Doc said, if its still there in 3 months he wants to biopsy it. When he said that, the alarms went off in my head. Kinda wish he didn't say that to me just yet. What the hell can I do for 3 months except worry? That stent came out 9 weeks ago though so it kinda worries me. Wife says if he was concerned, he would not wait another 3 months. Hate fuckin' cancer.

Last edited:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Got a rainout for work today, so gonna hit the gym for the 4th day in a row tonight and take advantage of it when I can. Chest, back, traps tonight.

No worries Brick my friend, if it was anything serious the Doc woulda said something now. They wouldn't send you on your way and make you wait 3 months for a follow up if it was something major bro, listen to the wife and Grim on that one :)

Hope the start of the week treated everybody good, well as good as a Monday can be.lol