©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit the guns yesterday. I hooked up with my training partner and we took it to the next level of intensity. Walked out of the gym feeling real good about it. Going to rest today.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yesterday off today got laundry and other crap to do before I even think about hitting the gym. Chest day today, time to see how the old shoulders really feeling. Probably stay away from incline since that always makes my shoulder hurt

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Ended up doing chest
Flat bench
1-15 135
2-15 225
3-5 315
4-3 335
5-11 225
6-7 225
7-17 135

Chest press machine bench
1-50 100
2-35 150
3-30 200
4-17 250
5-16 250
6-15 250

Pec deck machine
1-27 100
2-20 150
3-17 200
4-15 250
5-11 250
6-7 250

Skipped doing incline started doing em and to much stress on left shoulder to handle even with light weight. Instead did machine bench and killed my chest definitely gonna feel it tomorrow. And that's what I'd consider some high volume. Would've done cable fly's but they were taken and gym closed at 6. Anyways but me and my step son matching new air max's. Bought some deli sliced chicken and turkey to snack on as well as some Greek yogurt and apples for lunch this week. And for sandwiches I bought some sprouted wheat bread the healthy shit but I'll only eat once a day the other part I'll have just sliced meat. Pretty productive day considering I worked 12 hours.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well im going to put some blood through the legs. Have a great day you guys . Catch up here soon.. T

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Hit back on Friday. Woke up yesterday morning as if I'd carried cinderblocks for 15 hours. I could literally feel my lats hanging off of my back. They were swollen and tight and I loved it - most amazing feeling of DOMS I've had a in awhile. Why you ask? I worked out ALONE. I went without a training partner for most of my lifting years. Why you ask? Because, they usually talk too much, use too much weight trying keep up, ignore cues that I'm not interested (I don't give two fucks about Phil's new apparel line when I'm standing with a few hundred lbs on a bar I'm going to try to throw around in 40 seconds - the fact I'm not answering you and rocking slowly with my eyes closed trying to go over the set in my head should make that obvious.) If I want a spot, I'll ask someone I'm confident can handle the job. I may have to have a FINAL chat with this guy cause this shit is starting to frustrate me. Motherf**ker, I have ONE SHOT at this set, it's over forever, I am trying to grow with every rep, you are getting in the way of that. I will not have my time wasted. Yes, I'm pissed off.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Easy delts and sole use day today
Taking tmrw off than gonna get ready to start ramping it up on Wednesday
Thankfully I have tmrw off cause I dont know if I'd be in it mentally
Had a day from hell at work today

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit back on Friday. Woke up yesterday morning as if I'd carried cinderblocks for 15 hours. I could literally feel my lats hanging off of my back. They were swollen and tight and I loved it - most amazing feeling of DOMS I've had a in awhile. Why you ask? I worked out ALONE. I went without a training partner for most of my lifting years. Why you ask? Because, they usually talk too much, use too much weight trying keep up, ignore cues that I'm not interested (I don't give two fucks about Phil's new apparel line when I'm standing with a few hundred lbs on a bar I'm going to try to throw around in 40 seconds - the fact I'm not answering you and rocking slowly with my eyes closed trying to go over the set in my head should make that obvious.) If I want a spot, I'll ask someone I'm confident can handle the job. I may have to have a FINAL chat with this guy cause this shit is starting to frustrate me. Motherf**ker, I have ONE SHOT at this set, it's over forever, I am trying to grow with every rep, you are getting in the way of that. I will not have my time wasted. Yes, I'm pissed off.

Hahaha, you're just like me Grim. I always train alone for the exact reasons you do. If i found somebody on my page to lift with, that would be great. But i doubt thats ever gonna happen. Other ppl just slow me down and prevent me from getting the quality workout i need...and i cant handle the constant talking either. Im there to get the job done, not for freakin social hour :banghead:

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
• Leg Extensions single leg: 3 Sets x 15 Reps (light) 100/110/120

• Stiff-Legged Deadlifts/Lying Leg Curls Supersets: 3 Sets x 15 Reps 135/225/315

• Split Stance Squats: 5 Sets x 10 Reps bar/135/185/225/225...fuckin died!!!

• Single Leg Presses/Leg Extensions Supersets: 1 Set x 25 Reps, 1 Set x 15 Reps, 1 Set x 10 Reps

• Seated Calves/Donkey Calves Superset: 3 Sets x 20 Reps

Then i walked around bitching that i had the biggest motherfuckin back/ass/hamstring/calf pump. I use this program to get in shape for the crazy long power routines, I found a meet in December. High rep is stupid but it makes me sexy.....

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012

And the guys that come to the gym to socialize really get on my nerves. Then they act offended because you don't come out of your ear buds to yack. Fuck that. Go to Starbucks to shoot the shit. After a few times they learn.

Got a good chest workout in yesterday. Had to go in earlier than I usually do. Had stuff going in the afternoon. Must have worked because I am already sore. I remember reading in one of my early training books by Franco Columbo and him saying that if he didn't get sore, he considered that workout a bust. Gotta agree.

Have the wheels down for today.

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Grim, I too have trained without a partner for most of my life, but now, I have a training partner in the gym and life. She obviously isn't going to be using the same weight, but she hangs with the intensity, volume and rest (or lack thereof lol). If it is 6 reps to failure, it is 6 reps to absolute failure, nothing left in the tank for her! She is legit and is getting pretty jacked!

Instead of hitting our cruise, we decided t oush the envelope and do a HELL WEEK of training lol

Last night:
No rest between exercises
BB Squats 10 reps fail
Hack Sissy squats 10 reps fail
BB Squats 10 reps fail
Lying Leg curls 10 reps fail
BB Squats 8 reps fail
Hack Sissy Squats 8 reps fail
BB Squats 8 reps fail
Lying Leg Curls 8 reps fail
BB Squats 6 reps fail
Hack Sissy squats 6 reps fail
Lying leg curls 6 reps fail

Adductors and abductors 2 sets each done DC style

Superset done pump set style with partials, statics and super slow reps
Machine Lat Pulldowns 3 x 20-25
Machine Shoulder press 3 x 20-25

Free motion chest press 3 x 20-25
Calf Raises 3 x 12-15

DB Supination Curls 3 x 20-25
Seated cable triceps extensions 3 x 20-15

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
And while I am bitching about those guys at the gym that want to hold you up with their idle banter, I'll just say that something I have observed is that those guys never look like they workout 95% of the time. If you saw them on the street, you would never guess in a million years that they ever set foot in a weight room. There's a reason....

OK, I'll go back to the nice version of Brick now :D

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
And while I am bitching about those guys at the gym that want to hold you up with their idle banter, I'll just say that something I have observed is that those guys never look like they workout 95% of the time. If you saw them on the street, you would never guess in a million years that they ever set foot in a weight room. There's a reason....

OK, I'll go back to the nice version of Brick now :D

This is no lie! I have a few friends who "train" but their bodies never change. My girl asked me, "What the fuck do they even do at the gym when they are there all night? I have more definition than them!" And she isn't kidding... these guys spends hours upon hours at the gym and I haven't seen them change in 5 years. Meanwhile, every couple of months I get the "Whoa dude, what the fuck are you doing?" Obviously things I do are noticeable and recently i've received a lot of comments, like dude, you are getting thick! As i am eating like a horse right now and hitting up a little bit of that humalog :)

Last night I ate 500g carbs from 6:00PM - 9:30PM... then got up in the middle of the night and at SIX cups of Chocolate chex and vanilla protein mixed with almond milk, 2 greek yogurts and 16oz of plain kefir. Just a little 2AM snack

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I think I like the fired up, pissed off brick - that guy's near and dear to my heart!

This is what I'm like when someone next to me is talking incessantly and I've had under 400 carbs that day:

Kai Greene

At 42:56

:D

That's what I'm talking about Atom! Eat big motherf*****!
I'm entering my off-season grow mode (not, become a smooth slob-I'm still vascular and have abs) and I'm downing over 8,000 calories today, 1050gm of carbs. Load up and grow Herr Ant!!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Atom, your post gave me a Tuesday AM smile! That's a hellava 2:00 AM snack!

I need to grow... This is what is doing it. Sometimes I don't have two greek yogurts and i'll have a cup of rice and some diced up turkey or ground turkey crumbles.

I'm pushing it and focused on my goals