©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Who does a 36 hour work shift the goes home takes a 3 hour nap and hits the gym. Killing sholders and delts. This man right here. I can't help but wonder what a g a week would be like instead of .5

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Back today, did lat pulldowns and close grip pulldowns before deadlifts kinda changed it up since someone was using the DL area. Dl's worked my way up to 495 steadily. Was a really good workout. Kinda nice shoulder did start acting up a little but not to bad. Shoulders tomorrow and I'll make sure to keep it lighter and higher reps

Feel free to download and do this when you can. You have to be proactive to heal things like shoulder issues.
They usually start with impingement then eventually you get tears from swollen, frayed tendons getting worse due to entrapment in the small acromial space.

Attachments

• Impingement.pdf
    110.5 KB · Views: 9

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit shoulders tonight hit em good but did plenty of warm up sets of lat raises light weight between sets to keep em warm. Hell I must've done close to 20+ seat of lat raises throughout my workout. I'll download it grim thanks brother. Also tell me your thoughts on my dieting on the road thread here's a link. Maybe you have some other input that may be able to help. http://anasci.org/vB/showthread.php?p=243938

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Hit shoulders tonight hit em good but did plenty of warm up sets of lat raises light weight between sets to keep em warm. Hell I must've done close to 20+ seat of lat raises throughout my workout. I'll download it grim thanks brother. Also tell me your thoughts on my dieting on the road thread here's a link. Maybe you have some other input that may be able to help. Need a little help with dieting on the road - Anabolic Steroids Discussion and Bodybuilding Forum

You may be pleasantly surprised to see a little growth spurt from all those Lateral raises. Especially if you'rte the type that normally just does a lot of pressing.

It worked for me.:D

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
You may be pleasantly surprised to see a little growth spurt from all those Lateral raises. Especially if you'rte the type that normally just does a lot of pressing.

It worked for me.:D

Its been working for me too. Pressing is rough on my shoulders so I after a good warm-up, I'll do a set of heavy flies then immediately drop to a lighter weight and just burn the hell out of 'em with reps and squeezing that weight at the top. Love doing that.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I could do laterals and wide uprights all day
Pump the crap out of those side delts
Yea I like to do em in between sets just to keep my shoulder warmed up with only 5-10lbs. I also put em through the gauntlet working my way up to 40lbs and doing one armed lat raise drop sets.

On a side note my wife's only got about 12 more weeks til my daughters born

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
That is awesome Phoe! Congrats to you and your wife!

So I am off from work today to clean up a bunch of shit and move my girl in, for good. She landed a job close by teaching 2nd grade. I couldn't be happier! We are used to living together as we spent nearly every day together the past month and a half. So she is finishing up work at her old job today and I am heading up there shortly. Then we are going to the Linkin Park concert in Philly tomorrow.

I am feeling an intensive cruise (fortitude training terminology and a unique cruising concept) coming on soon. I'll be doing 4 days of muscle rounds and dropping carbs down during the cruise.

Almost time to go crush some muscle rounds...

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, Atom, good to hear that good stuff happening!!

About to drink my triple shot iced coffee and then head in to a back workout. Didn't sleep too good last night but I am pumped in the brain. We'll see how that goes.

You guys tear it up!

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Ok I am uploading two videos of me working on my squats. I said I would so my form can be corrected. I will post them in the members photo's.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Back workout turned out much better than I expected. Had my best pulls yet (since chemo) on rack reads. Training partner pushed me. Rack deads, dumbbell rows, drop set t-bars and drop-set pull downs. I am close to finishing my loading phase on my creatine and I can tell its working.

Hope to get some quality sleep tonight.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had two good ones in a row and I'm feeling depleted today. Gonna listen to my body and rest. Going to cut some grass and work on my vitamin D instead.

You guys have a great Friday.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Chest and back. Im gonna try the advice I got for my legs and apply here to. Only thing is I spent 1 hour 45 minutes on my chest and still want to push more. I did 5 exercise 6 sets each just started my back. 3 sets of pull ups till failure notlw doing seated row then latter pull down then some rack backs then 1 are pulls. Going for 15-20 each set

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Arms and traps here in a little bit. A week ago I started my heavier/lower rep range workouts. I never had luck with these in the past at all, but thought I'd give it a shot again. Well after hitting my whole body over 3 separate workouts I must say I'm really disappointed so far. I know it's way to early to make a legitimate call, but the pumps I got weren't nearly as good as normal. And I looked smaller during the workweek. My best growth/rep ranges have always seemed to be in the 8-12 reps depending on bodypart. What you guys think, should I keep the low reps up for a while or just go with what I know works? I hate to not switch things up ever and only do 8-12 rep sets year round, but man, if I'm not getting pumps or sore is it even worth my time?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Bi's and legs today
All went well
Up in weight or reps for every exercise
Still can't figure out how it's happening
But I ain't complaining

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit wheels yesterday, nice and sore today so must have done something right...more sore than usual. Getting ready to train back delts and chest here soon. Think im gonna blast chest extra hard with close to 20 sets, need to beef my pecs up to match my arms that have been growing real nice for me lately. Quiet in this thread this weekend, what gives? Well hope everybody is enjoying time away from work. Have a good one brothers!