©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

to the guys that brew large batches........

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
my biggest thing is do you clean receiver media bottle in between uses if so how or is it not necessary I feel it would be

I assume you start with a sterile bottle. Then filter compound A into it.

If you switch compounds you risk cross contamination of A into B, this may be minimal and really depends on how "clean" you want final products.

If you clean it you would clean it normally to get rid of oil etc. the sanitize it again with alcohol and dry oven to sterilize. This takes a long time.

I use multiple media bottles. Sterilize all at the start so they are ready.

fatlifts

Jan 24, 2013
For you guys that prefilter, whether through syringe filters, bottletop or other means of vacuum filtration: what pore size prefilter do you find works best for allowing the most volume and speed of filtration? I'm considering buying some filter membranes to put on top of my 0.2um filters to hopefully catch most of what's clogging up the 0.2um's so quickly with poor quality compounds like the TE that's been coming out recently. Last time I had to change filters 4 times for a 250mL batch, that's ridiculous.

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
^^ I may just start doing that. Especially with TRNE. Last batch killed 2 or 3 bottle top filters.

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Good point. Thinking back it was only 1 filter that went bad and that was after filtering quite a large batch of other stuff before hand. The second went bad after I was done with TRNE but it was moving slow. The 3rd one actually ruptured, but that was my own fault. ;-)

fatlifts

Jan 24, 2013
U need a new store Daniel and.fatlfs. .all that prefilter work isn't needed with quality compounds..
Indeed, I'll be shopping around with my next few orders, meanwhile I've got a bit of powder left yet that'll need filtering some time, and I might as well be prepared in case the new guys aren't any better than the last.